Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default Real basic question

I've been rocking Android devices for quite a while but I don't understand something very basic. What is USB storage? My Note says I have 8.85GB of 10.84GB available? How can I use that space? Is it only utilized when I have the phone connected to my PC?

Yes I have searched the Forums.

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Default Re: Real basic question

It's just what some manufacturers call the partitioned internal storage.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

It's space available on your SD card. You can store files on it, or you can use an app like Link2SD to install apps in that space.

The note has 10g of internal storage similar to an SD card. You can use it for anything you can do with a removable SD card. When connect to a PC is shows as a drive.

The Note also has an SD card slot for up to a 32g (some have used a 64g) microSD card. Both will show as drives on your PC.

Hope this helps.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16), Nexus 7 2013 LTE, Nexus 5 32

Global Posts
    8,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Keep in mind that you will not have access to the entire memory available on the device. Some is reserved for other purposes. But that's why you have an expandable memory slot for additional storage if you need it.