How to root Rogers I896 Captivate Gingerbread 2.34

Spaz888

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I just need the basic rooting so I can download US apps which many are restricted in Canada. I know the phone is a little old now and many people have had failure in trying to root. I would like a virtual fool proof (idiot) method in doing so with latest drivers/apps and instructions. Is this still possible or am I SOL?

Spaz888

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, my model i896 is not listed in the compatibility section. It's not that easy either, unfortunately. You have to run it from it from your PC and my experience with Samsung and Windows 7 X64 and it's drivers leaves me at the end of the day with a lot of frustration and no result. This is further augmented by the fact on XDA they write "most people have not been able to achieve root using this"

I know you wrote the SUPERONECLICK is as easy as it gets. Perhaps from a tech's point of view it is.

For me, for it to be as easy as it gets, it is to install the app on your phone and then run it. I guess it goes to show how not everyone sees things as simple or as complicated as others, lol #notarocketscientist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non