syncing my email with deleted on pc

kellybecks

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Question- is there a way to sync my email so that when i delete email on my phone, it doesnt still show up in my inbox on my pc? I've tried everything but it doesnt seem to work.

Thanks

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
What e-mail provider are you using? What phone do you have? What are you accessing your email with on your PC? The more info you can give the better.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
With a verizon.net address you are most likely using POP as your email access protocol. If that is the case there is not any way to really have them both delete because with POP the email is actually downloaded off the server and stored locally on your PC. There is no way for the mail server to say "oops never mind, you deleted that on on your phone so can I have that email back please."

If you want to reconfigure using IMAP than you can set the phone to remove email off the server after deleting on the phone and it will delete in your IMPA view in Outlook as well.

Keep in mind if you have a lot of stored email and folders in outlook, reconfiguration to IMAP may be a bigger pain than it's worth.

Hope this helps.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I did with my comcast.net account. I set it to forward everything to my gmail account. I then set my gmail account to send mail as my comcast.net account, so no one even knows its going through gmail. I use the gmail app on my phone, so my email gets pushed to me. I've tested it, there is literally no delay. I also had to give up using Outlook, which may not be an option for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084