Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cyber Warrior
  • 1 Post By Cyber Warrior
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Nexus Differences

I just got the Galaxy Nexus Unlocked from Google. I LOVE it. Best Phone I have used, and I have used the iPhone 4S ;-)

However, could someone tell me the differences in Sprint, Vz, and Unlocked, other than what I believe is

-Unlocked hspa+21, others LTE thus a tad thicker
    -Vz no Wallet, other 2 yes
    -??

Lastly, I see the mp on the Nexus is 5 mp. Now the Tmo GS2 I had was 8, among other phones, the Titan 2 16, but is it true what I am told, mp mainly show up when printing. And the zero shutter makes up for the lost mp and functions for instance that the One has.
    The pics are awesome, I usually shake and they are blurry. I can snap 5 in a row, 1, maybe, but usually 0 are blurry (I am assuming it has something that corrects pics)

I didn't see a general ? site, so I hope this is ok. If not, mod, please feel free to delete or move
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Differences

Yes.. LTE versions have a larger battery and are a tad thicker than the GSM version due to the radios.
    VZW does not come preinstalled with Google Wallet... that is an exclusive owned by Sprint. It can be hacked easily onto the phone though.
    Camera has zero shutter lag.. so yes, snapping pics quickly may result in blurry photos. Best bet is to slow down and let the lens focus in on the target before snapping a pic.

All info will be marked LTE, HSPA or GSM if there's anything different between the models. .. there's also more info listed under "Availability".
    Galaxy Nexus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank u much

So if it is a Sprint exclusive or they own it, the gsm version I have has it. ??

But with the camera, I was suggesting that even tho the mp.are less that doesn't matter as some told me and was asking what it has that causes pics to be corrected BECAUSE MY OICS ARE WINDERFUL. not blurry like the GS2. Very easy with 0 shutter to snap away

Thx again
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Yes.. GSM & Sprint versions both have Google Wallet installed. For Verizon.. all you need to do is install this apk (app): Google Wallet for Verizon GNex

Besides the networks and radios.. the only differences between all 3 models is that the GSM version is slightly thinner and has a 1750 mAh battery capacity compared to Verizon/Sprints 1850 mAh battery.. it has more juice but then again also needs it due to the 4G LTE speeds that eat up battery life. (Sprint & Verizon are both the same size and weight and also have the same size batteries)

As for the camera.. no it's not the greatest camera on an android phone thats out there but its pretty decent.. as for megapixels.. doesn't really matter.. all you're getting is larger photos taken.. the quality comes from the hardware/software they use when building the cameras for the phone.. megapixels doesn't really matter much when it comes to image quality.

Some other related articles: http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...y-nexus-review
    Thanked by 2:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And the sprint version has 32gb worth if storage

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2