Email folder showing empty on phone but not on computer

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm having an issue that I can't figure out...

I'm using HTC Email on my EVO and my Trash folder is showing completely empty on the phone, no matter what download options I set (xx messages, xx days, ALL). I know the Trash folder is not truly empty because my regular PC mail program shows over 9000 messages.

- my email is setup as an IMAP account through 1and1.com
- the Trash folder is the only one that is not showing any emails when it should be
- I have checked to make sure there's not an alternate Trash Emails, Garbage, Recycle Bin, etc folder that is being used for deleted emails on my email account
- this same behavior is being exhibited when I setup my email account on an HTC Hero

Anyone having this same issue or know what I can do to fix it?

Last edited:

MrDroid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am having similar issues and I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I have both the gmail app and the native HTC Sense email app running. I got interrupted while activating my EVO with a Sprint rep and she said I could go back and set up email later. I did that but ended up having both apps running and I am not sure if that is correct. I saw this post elsewhere in the forums (I don't have enough posts yet to post the URL):

"HTC Mail App (not native gmail app) does it push gmail"

It says that the HTC sense email app does not do push mail but the gmail app does. I am not sure if I am supposed to have both the gmail app and the Sense mail app running. Maybe that is part of the problem?

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
^^ That other thread seems to have been opened for a different question (whether HTC's Email app pushes Gmail emails or not).

The issue that I'm (and it sounds like you) are having is certain folders not downloading emails properly. I don't have both Gmail and HTC Email running at the same time.

maoreyno

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Try going into settings under accounts and find Send/Receive settings. I had an option in there that allowed me to choose what items are synced by date received. Mine was set to a month and the folder I was trying to view contained items that were over a year old. Therefore, the items prior to the month cutoff point were not being synced with the phone. Changing that setting to "Sync All" did the trick. Let me know if that works.