Plantronics BT headset issues with Media Audio

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been using the Plantronics Voyager Pro headset with my HTC EVO 4G for more than a year now. It generally works well and the call quality is great. However, whenever the headset becomes dis-connected and I re-connect it, it re-connects to both the phone as well as to the media audio.

I've put up with this for quite a while, but it's becoming more annoying as I always have to go into the settings and disable media audio, otherwise I miss IM alerts, e-mail alerts, etc...

Is this common for all BT headsets? Or is it a problem with the Voyager Pro, or an issue with my EVO 4G? If one of the latter, is there a solution? It seems that once I set the option to not connect to media audio, it should stay that way unless the device becomes un-paired.

Thanks
David

johnshaft

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a custom ROM. If so which one? I've had some issues in the past with some ROMs and with that headset. I have since gotten the BlueAnt T1 and upgraded the firmware. No issues since.

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Nope, no custom ROM's, haven't even rooted it yet :-[ I'd like to put a custom ROM on it, but it's a corporate phone that they've provided so I guess i ought to be a little careful of what I do to it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca