Screen Shots & Downloads to Instant Upload?

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyway to have screenshots taken with the device, or downloaded photo's, be directed to the instant upload feature?

Seems like instant upload pulls from the camera folder only.

Screenshots are saved to their own folder, as well as images saved from browser/apps, which would appear to exclude them from instant upload.

Maybe even a way for screenshots to default save into the camera folder? Likewise for downloads? Just fishing for ideas.:cool:

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I use the instant upload feature of Dropbox. It will take any photo that you save to the phone (pictures, video, screenshots) and save it to the Camera Upload folder in Dropbox.

I don't use the instant upload feature of Google+ because I don't want to share every photo online.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I use the instant upload feature of Dropbox. It will take any photo that you save to the phone (pictures, video, screenshots) and save it to the Camera Upload folder in Dropbox.

I don't use the instant upload feature of Google+ because I don't want to share every photo online.

While dropbox is an option, i'm not interested in having multiple platforms/user names/ passwords/ etc anymore.

Google has quickly become a one stop shop. One login across multiple Google programs.

I have Gmail / Google+ / Google Music / Google Drive. All of these work great, and work together.

If they would just add the functionality to instant upload to monitor other folders on the phone, that would be great.

BTW, instant upload does not share anything with the public as you stated, unless you change your settings to be that way.

My folder is private, its not searchable, and no one can access it but myself.;)

skinnyzhinni

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution to this?

The behavior you're describing is the default on iOS. I recently switched to Android, and I really wish there was a way to make downloads and screenshots go into the camera gallery folder so that Google+ would snatch them for instand upload.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution to this?

The behavior you're describing is the default on iOS. I recently switched to Android, and I really wish there was a way to make downloads and screenshots go into the camera gallery folder so that Google+ would snatch them for instand upload.

No,I just use file manager to move the photos from screenshot to camera, then G+ notices a new file in the camera folder and uploads it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000