Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: HTC One X Bluetooth Connectivity issues confirmed

Same issues trying to connect HTC to Tomtom - so annoying,

I have a Jawbone Era. I can connect and even make calls. But when I try and hang up my phone freezes and the crashes, reboots??? Very annoying. Any fix for this yet??
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Try clearing cache/data for Bluetooth.

Confirming the same problem: Use a HTC One X, syncs fine with 2011 Volvo C70, and BT worked with no issues for about 1 month, cut out during a phone call and now calls, mutes radio, but produces no sound from the calling end and the receiver confirms getting the call, but cannot hear anything. Car syncs and calls with no issues for iPhone 4S. Are there any confirmed repairs as of yet that do not affect the integrity of the other programs (I have my calender synced with my email and require it for business, so I am reluctant to download the Android update if it will interfere with the calendar).
    Thanks!
    Thanked by:

Angry Re: HTC One X Bluetooth Connectivity issues confirmed

I have a big problems with my HTC One X, its bluetooth does not work, it can not extend 50 centimeters if a hand / shoulder / head, is between the phone and bluetooth device. And no one (HTC/ 3mobile) will solve the problem, the phone has been on the workshop 4 times and has been replaced 2 times and still does not work.
    Does anyone have a solution to the problem, or does the phone just not work?
    Sincerely, Brian Mosgaard Denmark

Squeezing the phone as it face's you via the upper right corner worked for me. Apparently there is a connection that comes loose and you can't open the phone to make a permanent fix. I've been with AT&T for years, and never asked for another phone, and so far they haven't budged when I asked for a different phone. The phone is great except for this problem... Let me know if this works for you too... Look at this video...

An interesting post, and I was quite pleased at first. However, if you let the wifi analyzer run (and look at the time graph option) you will notice that the graph appears to have a mind of its own (regardless of the pressure placed).

Additionally, sometimes the wifi signal drops when I apply pressure, or doesn't change at all.. Hopefully this solution works for some users but it doesn't appear to be the fix I was hoping for. Thank you for the attempt.

I am having the same issue connecting my HTC One X to the BT audio in my Ford S-Max. It connects and may work for a few mins in a call bu then the audio and mic drop in and out. My wife's HTC Desire S works absolutely fine though.

I also use BT to connect to my ThinkPad and it maintains the audio just fine for calls and music. It was working fine until I upgraded laptop to Windows 8 and now although I can connect and pair it doesn't allow me to actually do anything with the connection.

Both Laptop and phone are fully patched and updated.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by EssexKiwi View Post
    I am having the same issue connecting my HTC One X to the BT audio in my Ford S-Max. It connects and may work for a few mins in a call bu then the audio and mic drop in and out. My wife's HTC Desire S works absolutely fine though.

I also use BT to connect to my ThinkPad and it maintains the audio just fine for calls and music. It was working fine until I upgraded laptop to Windows 8 and now although I can connect and pair it doesn't allow me to actually do anything with the connection.

Both Laptop and phone are fully patched and updated.

Any suggestions?
    I am experiencing the persistent blue tooth disconnect and reconnect issue as well. I watched the above video and tape a quarter inside my rubber and hard plastic case. I have a Toyota Camry 2012 SE; I'll let everyone know if this helps me with this issue. I don't have any issues with WIFI disconnecting and reconnecting. If this workaround doesn't resolve the issue, I"m looking at Samsung Galaxy S3 refurbs with AT&T for $30.

Same problem connects to car dials but no sound .Tried turning off didn't work then chose close programs and restart. It worked.

Try turning off Android Beam if you have it enabled. I believe it was interfering with the BT on my Galaxy Nexus. I turned it off and I haven't had a single BT related problem since.

Angry Re: HTC One X Bluetooth Connectivity issues confirmed

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!! Finally, thay have admitted it! My bluetooth connection issues have been driving me mad! All the other phones connected fine, I then spend 500 approx on a new HTC One X, and love the phone apart from battery life, and this bluetooth issue, and then it is never consistent in it's connection to my fairly new bluetooth car stereo. The first HTC One X was returned to Phones 4 U, they replaced it with a Sony phone, which connected with no problems, but i couldn't read the print on the screen of the phone on many apps etc as too small, then I got another HTC One X and believed maybe the first one was a dud, and lo and behold, the same bluetooth connection problems. It connects then disconnects, the phone connects and the music doesn't connect or vice versa, it's been driving me insane! If people are able to get miss-sold PPI back, then shouldn't we be able to legally get our money back even after 18 months from HTC or whatever phone shop we bought it from, well I'm still paying a fortune each month as the contract is over 24 months! COME ON PEOPLE, lets do something about this, we shouldn't have to sit back and take this crap!!!!
    stephan dickson likes this.

I can confirm the issue. Spoke with HTC and they are indeed aware of the issue.

I have the same problem. Bought my phone last month and since day1 the Bluetooth does not work. Service center is not able to fix it, they refuse to replace or refund and keep expecting me to leave the phone with them for repair. I've left it with them twice already and they have returned it without fixing.
    CAM989 likes this.

i've owned the HTC for a month now and found every time i restore to factory settings the bluetooth works for a day. not long i must admit but i believe its to do with the automatic updates so will attempt to disabling the automatic updates and seeing if this works the weekend.

Amazing that this issue is still around. I'm having all kinds of problems with the new Ford ranger and the htc one (POS) The vehicle service team put a new bluetooth unit in to try and fix it but it looks like htc are in fact about to get a chewout from me.

This is my second one of these phones as the first was faulty too. Would I recommend htc? No way in hell, in fact as far as I'm concerned they are a eppic #fail

AASDDD

I just got a htc one m8 and I'm unable to connect to my car. 2012 Mazda. Is it the phone or the android version along with the most current version of bluetooth? Either way this is unacceptable and needs a fix asap.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12