HTC One X Bluetooth Connectivity issues confirmed
04-15-2014 12:41 PM
- Just like to let you know that there are issues with Bluetooth connectivity on the HTC One X that seem to be somewhat widespread.
I called a rep today to report some issues that I have been experiencing with my One X in regard to Bluetooth connectivity with my car stereo, Bluetooth headset etc.
They advised that they have received a number of calls regarding this issue and other related Bluetooth connectivity problems and have been instructed to log all calls to this regard.
I was instructed to monitor HTC's Twitter, Facebook and forums for any updates regarding an upcoming fix to address the issue.05-17-2012 10:06 AMLike 2
- I can confirm this issue. Wont connect to my car stereo(s) and will not stay connected to my Plantronics Voyager HD bluetooth headset. Called HTC and they are logging calls but no ETA on fix... Shame because I like this phone but this is a deal breaker for me.05-22-2012 02:05 PM
- I' having the same problem. Specifically I can't get my HTC One X and Polar H7 heart rate monitor to communicate.I called HTC in the UK and they didn't know anything about it, but did say they would keep track of it. I'd appreciate any additional information you have regarding this.05-23-2012 03:44 AM
- I'm having a similar problem with my EVO LTE and a 06 BMW 5 series. I can pair the phone and start calls, but the bluetooth connection starts making odd pinging or ringing sounds after about 30 seconds of a call. It sounds a bit like a modem trying to connect..05-31-2012 11:41 AM
- Hi again,
I have done som research and found out what the problem is maybe. This post is taken from someone else.
"The problem is not the H7 but that Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich does not support bluetooth smart or smart ready devices yet.
Android does not have native support for the new bluetooth standars.But som handset providers have implementet it them self, like Motorola So until Google/HTC/Samsung and rest of the lot gets there act together and pushes out an update.
The HTC One V, S and X has a Bluetooth 4.0 chip wich support BT Smart and Smart ready communication but when Android does not support thoose protocols we are out of luck.
Is Android Delaying the Bluetooth Smart Train? (english)
Se opp for Bluetooth Smart - Mobili.no (Norwegian)"
Now I don't know how true this is but if it is it may explain the problems.06-03-2012 07:58 PM
- Got an HTC One V,ICS 4.0.3.
Connected via Bluetooth to my Jeep Grand Cherokee,Uconnect System (RB2).
Pairs and connects all ok.
Able to stream music via the bluetooth, car speakers.
1. If someone calls me or I call, I can hear them, they can't hear me
2. If I disconnect the bluetooth, no calling sound on the phone or phone speaker either
3. Have to reboot Phone to get sound back onto the phone.
4. Have updated the Uconnect system to the latest software. 10.00.11
5. Have tried other bluetooth devices(HTC also), same thing
6. Strangely if I call someone using the Bluetooth connection, and their line is "engaged" ie in use, the "beep"Beep"sound will come through.
7. Tried using the "car" application as well, changed default bluetooth audio settings, HTC or Uconnect, makes no difference.
This has to be an ICS issue ; Google / HTC needs to sort it out.06-22-2012 03:53 AM
- Ok, so here is what I did,
Checked for available software updates. Settings>about>software updates> check now
There where some updates available so I installed them.
This fixed the issue descriped above with Bluetooth sound on car speakers.
But it however created another problem.
Everytime I open my Android Calendar, the phone reboots automaticaly, becomes unstable, bluetooth doesnt startup sometimes, requires a proper switch off and startup to work.
Installed another calendar from the google shop, and that works ok.06-25-2012 02:04 AM
- 07-02-2012 05:13 PM
- Have cleared the cache, made no difference.
Logged a problem with HTC, who confirmed they are aware of the calendar crashing issues after the update and are working on a fix. Could be another 5 weeks or so.
Overall my problem is now resolved, and prefer using the other calendar with more features.07-04-2012 03:34 AM
I also discovered last week that if I reboot my phone after I've started the car, that the phone won't reconnect with the radio. I tried turning bluetooth on and off repeatedly but this didn't help (this approach worked with the same car and the Samsung Captivate [Galaxy]) phone I used until a couple of weeks ago).07-09-2012 03:16 PM
- You should be able to have WiFi and Bluetooth on simultaneously. I have done so with several devices. But, I guess it could have something to do with when both of those are on AND you are trying to connect to your car.
But, then again, what do you really need WiFi for in your car?07-20-2012 07:25 AM
- I have the same problem when i connect to my HTC One X (Android 4.0.4) bluetooth to my bluetooth connector in a VW Polo. It stays about 30 sec connected and then i lost the connection. I must put the pincode to connect the simcard. I have tested the connection with a LG P970 android 2.0.3 and thats works fine.09-19-2012 04:56 AM
- I am also having numerous bluetooth issues , dropping connection etc, with my HOX. Also since the last firmware update on 3, My car App-dock wont come up automatically any more when I connect via Bluetooth. I dont wanna try a hard reset, its taken me ages 2 get it how I want, then only 2 find BT probs still there. If HTC don't wise up and sort their issues they will lose a customer of 8 yrs.
Does anyone have a fix for the BT issues or the Car App issue? thx in advance10-05-2012 09:13 AM
- Hi guys,
I'm located in Paris France, and was having the exact same car issues with my HTC One V.
--> the phone was pairing fine
--> media playing was working great on the car stereo
--> I was unable to hear a phone conversation through the car speakers
I tried to pair, at home, my HTC One V with a Samsung bluetooth (WEP 250) headset --> I was having the exact same issues --> once the conversation starts, nothing goes through the headphone
It looks like HTC juste issued (at least on its Europe site) a 4.0.4 Android Release :
HTC One X Aide produit
I tried it.. and it works fine !!!
While looking around, I found on the US site, a "HTC Car mic firmware update". With a lenghy procedure. Havn't tried it though.
HTC One V Product Support
Cheers !10-19-2012 03:40 PM
- Android Central Community
- General Help and How To
HTC One X Bluetooth Connectivity issues confirmed
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD