Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to get a video from my droid to my computer

Ok I have tried everything I could think of so i came here for help! I have a droid razr and when I plug it into my computer everything pops up fine but then i go into the pictures folder and it only has about 10 of my 200 pictures and no videos...

I really need to get this video off of my phone so i can send it to my family

Default Re: How to get a video from my droid to my computer

Well, my first guess is you're looking in the wrong folder if you're only seeing 10 of 200 photos. Are you sure you're looking in the right place? Might be worth doing a search on your SD card for them....different apps put photos in different folders: so the default camera app will put photos in a different folder than another camera app, for instance (but they'll all still show up in your phone's gallery since that pulls images together from anywhere on your phone).

My second thought is to just put your video on Youtube, which you can do easily from your phone. You may not know you can mark your videos private so nobody can see them but people you invite or send a direct link to (so you'd upload your video with the correct privacy settings then send them the link to it).

All the hosting sites have privacy settings in place so things aren't public unless you want them to be (you could even post the video on Facebook and tell them only certain people can see it).

Just my two cents. I know not everyone trusts the cloud (and not everyone has broadband of course), so it's not everyone's cup of tea....just the days of downloading photos and videos and emailing them around or burning CDs to mail around are kind of over (I am assuming this is how you are planning on sharing it with your family?).

Default Re: How to get a video from my droid to my computer

If they all have broadband, you could create a Dropbox account, upload it there, and send a public link for download to people you want to have it.