Spam notifications?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Why am I all of a sudden getting marketing notifications from app developers? I even got a notification about a developer job opening. I think this might have started around the time when I started playing Words with Friends again after not playing for almost a year. Could that app be feeding me the spam? More importantly, how do I prevent it? Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
There's an app called "Airpush Blocker" in the play store. It will show you which app is spamming you so you can remove it. Or, if you're rooted, you can just use the airpush blocker app to well, block the airpush ads ;)

Reactions: ctychick

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I just downloaded Airpush Detector and it came up with an app that is on my phone, but it's not one that I remember ever having downloaded to my phone. Hmmmm.

Thanks for app suggestion. Might have to finally root! :)

And for anyone who might be affected, the "app" in question is called "Sound Effects." When I uninstalled, the latest spam notifications that were currently still on my notif. bar mysteriously disappeared...

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
No idea how it got there? I'd disable side- loading ("install from untrusted sources"). I also disabled auto updates in the Play app, too many apps update with new, egregious permissions added.

// Sent from my Interociter //