Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unwanted ads appearing on notification bar

I have these ads. They show up as a white star with a red dot as the notification symbol....not sure what appis putting them there.....they can be jobs, singles sites...ect. anyone get these?

Jim

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk.

Default Re: Unwanted ads appearing on notification bar

I'd have to guess they are the result of a recent "free app" that you added. I've noticed many of them have ads running through the app.

Global Posts
    8,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Open the applications manager and see what processes or apps are running. If there is an app running in the background giving you notifications for ads then it should show up and you can either remove or stop it.
    Thanked by:

Try an "AD Blocker" @ Google Play

They have them for "Unrooted" & "Rooted" Phones

Also checkout an app called "Airpush Blocker" in the play store which will tell you what APPs are pushing the Ad's as well.

There are some other "Ad" Finders, Hosts file changers, etc..

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX