1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Buy Insurance Help

My girlfriend and I bought two Rezounds from Best Buy about 5 months ago. We bought there insurance on them. They auto-deduct the insurance from debit/credit, so I used my credit card for mine and she used her credit card for hers. She fell hard when bicycling and busted the phone. When she went to get it replaced, they told her that the plan was no longer valid due to the auto bill stopped drafting. She had to get a new card due to some security breaches with her banks debit system. Best Buy never contacted her about updating the card.

We talked to a manager and to Best Buy over the phone. Everyone was really nice, but since it only drafted one payment, they said there wasn't anything they could do at this point since it had been so long without insurance.

Since we have the same model phone, could I just take her phone in and use my insurance plan to get it replaced?

You should be able too..the only problem you will have is the 4G LTE card.

You have to get a new one with each phone they are free if you go to the Verizon store.

Have you contacted Verizon?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Best Buy Insurance Help

Quote Originally Posted by caragon24 View Post
    You should be able too..the only problem you will have is the 4G LTE card.

You have to get a new one with each phone they are free if you go to the Verizon store.

Have you contacted Verizon?
    Actually, her sim card is still good. I'm on vacation for a week so she put it in my phone and it's been working.

I contacted Verizon and got the usual: "Go back to Best Buy thanks for paying us a ton of money every month" speal

Not the Sim card the little LTE card, the red one from Verizon.

I had to go get another one when I got a new phone and when I gave my son my stratosphere.