Text messages not auto-deleting properly

froggersloth

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I have set the stock messaging app to keep 75 text messages for each user. For some reason, once that 75 message point is exceeded, it only deletes the incoming messages. My replies are kept, and the total number goes above 75 indefinitely until I delete the long tail of my replies at the top of the thread. First, would I be correct in assuming that this is not normal behavior? Second, if that's correct, how do I fix this?

If it matters, I'm using an HTC Evo 3D with a rooted version of the stock ROM. The same problem happened before rooting. I don't believe this is a maker- or device-specific problem, but I'm happy to repost in the Evo 3D subforum if it is. Many thanks in advance.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It most likely has to do with the app identifying you as a different user then the sender in the threads. Since it's looking for a limit per user then you would be exempt.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: froggersloth

froggersloth

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... I hadn't considered that. The little option descriptor for autodeletion says "75 messages per conversation", but all it would take is an imprecise developer to get that wrong. Sadly, there's no way to impose per-user limits. Perhaps it's time to start looking at other texting apps... I'm finding the stock app a little limiting in other ways, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech