Google Navigation and Voices

Noob Cydroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I've decided to try out Google Navigation. I hated the stock voice, so I started using and Ivona voice. In my phone settings I have the check box for "Always use my settings, Default settings below override application settings" ticked. Yet, when I use Navigation, the stock voice will still be played along with the Ivona one. Anyone else have had this issue? How did you deal with it?

Also, I'm on an HTC Thunderbolt with latest official update. No rooting.

Thanks!

YiZRi

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
As a developer in the text-to-speech arena, I can tell you that certain user preferences can be overridden by the programmer. For example, I do that with speech input so that users in non-English speaking countries can still use VoiceSee in the only language currently supported: US English.

So accepting user preferences is dependent on the application.

That said, I tried Google Navigation with Loquendo TTS Susan (VoiceSee's voice of choice) and it works well (not reverting to the stock voice) when 'Always use my settings' is checked and the 'Default Engine' is set to Loquendo TTS Susan.

Are you sure that the voice data for IVONA is installed? (if installed properly, it should be greyed out).

Hope this helps.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't use Ivona but use SVOX and don't have this issue. Sorry...that's not much help I know, but something isn't right somewhere.

Can you verify your default engince is set to Ivona?

I have Ivona installed as well....I could check it out on the way home tonight but I used it for a week or so awhile ago and didn't have the issue.

Noob Cydroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's been installed properly. It is also selected as my default engine. Nothing has become greyed out, but I went through the install process step by step. I've tried uninstalling it and installing again to be safe. We'll see how it goes later today on my way home from work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21