What to do before returning phone

DubM

May 8, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who have returned or sold an android device what did you do to make sure all of your personal information was removed from the phone?

I never installed an SD card in my phone. Is a factory reset, all you did?

Are there any other steps you could take to make sure data could not be recovered from your phone when it gets into another person's hands? Can someone still recover my data after a factory reset?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I apologize if this topic was discussed in another thread. Feel free to lead me to a thread or answer and then delete this thread. I couldn't find a thread on it but it has to be in here somewhere. It is a really common occurrence.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If there is no SD card you might want to format your data partition on the device as well as a factory reset.

Other than that you should be good to go.

Reactions: DubM

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You say that never installed an SD Card on to your phone but depending on your phone there may be one that was installed by the carrier. Many of them would sell the phones with an 8GB card already installed. Check your phone model to make sure that you do not have one. If you do just remove the card.

Before you wipe your phone make sure that you have made backups or synced the important data that you need so as to install it onto a new phone.

Good luck.

Doc