Mobgifts popup when browsing links?

AlexOnVinyl

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've recently been experiencing a series of pop-ups in an Android dialogue box occasionally when I click links that I know are clean.

A lot of them are dialogue boxes that say "Congratulations, your US number has been chosen for a gift - press the OK button to continue"

and the only way out is to either press the Okay button or force stop the browser.

The browser it most recently happened with has been with Dolphin Mini browser - can't remember if it occurred through my Android's native Internet browser or not, either way it takes me to a site called Mobgifts(dot)org

I did some research and some said it was a virus, but I have Lookout installed on my device and scan it weekly and just did a scan yesterday - all was clean..

TL;DR: Internet links in browser lately have been unescapable diallogue boxes that say "Congrats you won this" and you have no other options than to either force quit or press Okay then exit

What are your takes on my issue?

Btw - phone is stock, non rooted, hasn't ever been rooted.

piquantemente

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Same issue! Been going on for a while in dolphin hd browser. My theory is that its some app that I downloaded (also nonrooted and only dl from google play). However, since the popups are relatively infrequent, its really hard to diagnose by removing apps one at a time. I wish dolphin had thought to include the ability to close out dialog boxes like that without having to click "ok".

I can post a list of my apps on here and we can see what we have in common?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums