Galaxy Nexus GSM Screen and GS3

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus Unlocked, which I love. All is or looked fine

I was in the hospital next to my friend in bed, visiting him, then looking at his MLB AT Bat ap and noticed the black was blacker and then went to Facebook and the blue was brighter. Mine was lighter, whiter, and not as bright blue

I went home and called Galaxy Nexus, the guy said it could be cause he had his brightness up high MIne is on 45. He is older and had no idea how to say what it was on when I got home.

So I wait til tomorrow, but my guess, since turning my brightness up to 60, 80, and 100 is that it didn't make a difference.

Can someone explain? Might the screen be defective

I ask because I am getting the S3 next week and read somewhere that there is either a brown screen, or a grayish one, or one with specs -- TO CHECK BEFORE I LEAVE THE STORE

So, again, thank you
-might you tell me if you think my display may be defective
-what and how exactly do i check something before leaving the store as far as the GS3 goes next week?

Thanks so much

p.s.
dont know how the price thing will work with Tmo, but would you recommend the 10.1 Tab clearly over the T-mobile Sidestreak? Or is it like comparing apples to oranges. In which case, are either of those bad?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have the brightness all the way up and the colors still look washed out compared to another Nexus then I would say it's a defective screen.

As far as checking the SIII just be sure you play with it in the store and make sure the screen is bright and vibrant. Surf a few sites and load an app or two before leaving. If you have a ad screen it should be immediately noticeable.

Hope this helps.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No, it does not. Thank you. I have to get back to the other guy at XDA also. He had me run screen test at 100%

It seemed a little opposite....or rather just diffferent, not opposite.

His colors were deeper and darker, but just as much or more color, not better tho
My colors were brighter and more vibrant, maybe not as much color, maybe, but definitely not as dark

All appears fine there, and I showed an ATT guy and he too agreed even before I ran that test

Thank You
Eric

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois