Gmail Inbox says -1

realpitbull

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my Gmail inbox on my phone is reading -1. Any ideas why this is? I've searched a bit and couldn't find an answer to my question (on this forum and on Google).

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why it's doing that, but go to settings -->applications --> manage applications --> gmail and clear data and cache. If you can, reset the account and see if that helps.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it syncing properly? You could send yourself a test email to check. And, if you are, at least you know you are getting your email.

realpitbull

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be syncing ok. I was in the inbox and deleting some stuff, a new message indicator came on, then before I had a chance to check anything, the new message was gone and there was the -1 inbox. I'm being a little neurotic about this I suppose because I was expecting an important email.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Log into Gmail on your browser you have a email that was sent with multiple responses and you didn't delete one. Once in browser Gmail just delete it and your good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be syncing ok. I was in the inbox and deleting some stuff, a new message indicator came on, then before I had a chance to check anything, the new message was gone and there was the -1 inbox. I'm being a little neurotic about this I suppose because I was expecting an important email.

Just out of curiosity, is there any email in your inbox? Do you have ten new emails and it says -1?

Log into Gmail on your browser you have a email that was sent with multiple responses and you didn't delete one. Once in browser Gmail just delete it and your good.

When I get an email with multiple responses, it's all bundled into one email. Like when a thread is updated several times on AC, the email will have a number in parenthesis, indicating multiple emails. When I delete it, it deletes all of them. I don't even know how I would delete just one. Or do you mean something else?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
That's it a lot of times you can't tell. I think its a flaw with Gmail app.
Just out of curiosity, is there any email in your inbox? Do you have ten new emails and it says -1?

When I get an email with multiple responses, it's all bundled into one email. Like when a thread is updated several times on AC, the email will have a number in parenthesis, indicating multiple emails. When I delete it, it deletes all of them. I don't even know how I would delete just one. Or do you mean something else?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
When u get multiple response emails say like AC and they come from same thread you may think you read them all but u missed one the app will not show you which email you missed. But if u go to web version Gmail it will show you that missed email.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Never had that happen and I get tons of multi response emails from AC. Never had it say -1. Sometimes I'll read one response, sometimes I just delete it without reading it. My phone and desktop are always in sync. Maybe I'm doing something different than you are talking about or I've just managed to escape this situation so far.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums