Will rooting my Samsung Galaxy S before I activate it cause any p

george-gi

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate) that I haven't decided if I want to keep, so I haven't activated it on my Verizon account. I'd like to root it and flash a new ROM (possibly a separate Kernel) but I'm wondering if doing so when it is not connected to any carrier will cause any problems, particularly with the voice/data connection settings?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will rooting my Samsung Galaxy S before I activate it cause a

If you don't keep it, you may have a hard time selling it if you root it. It's no longer new. I'd decide first, then modify it if I keep it.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will rooting my Samsung Galaxy S before I activate it cause a

I have a samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate) that I haven't decided if I want to keep, so I haven't activated it on my Verizon account. I'd like to root it and flash a new ROM (possibly a separate Kernel) but I'm wondering if doing so when it is not connected to any carrier will cause any problems, particularly with the voice/data connection settings?

You will not get voice/data if it is not activated on your VZW account. But you can use it as a wifi device, like an iPod. I say root it and flash an ICS ROM to see what the device can do. I think you'll be surprised! Go to the link below to get all the info you need to root/flash/return it to stock if you decide to sell it.

[GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock - xda-developers

Reactions: george-gi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma