ICS Browser Tabs

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi All. I'll be picking up my 1st Android phone (SIII on Sprint) (assuming they have them) this week. I installed ICS on my TouchPad to get a feel for the OS.

One thing I find odd is that the browser keeps all my tabs open. If I click on a link in an eMail or something, it opens the browser and loads the link, but also starts loading all tabs that were previously open.

I can't find a way to stop this behavior, OR close all other tabs at once.

Can that be done??

Thanks!!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't find a way to stop this behavior, OR close all other tabs at once.

Thanks!!

It might be loading the tabs because the browser was never shut down and still running in the background. I like that behavior personally. If I want a tab open, I leave it open, when I'm done with tabs, I close them. But, that's just me. If there is no option for this in the settings, you can look into another browser, as Elrohir suggested, or, get in the habit of closing tabs when you are done with them. :p

I would just advise you to not use the standart ICS browser.

I like the stock ICS browser. I like that option (forget what it's called, don't have my tablet with me, something Lab I think) where when you press on either side of the browser it brings up a radial type menu directly under your thumb with browsing options.

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would just advise you to not use the standart ICS browser. There are much better alternatives in the Play Store. I would recommend Dolphin Browser HD. But you can get opera, chrome and some others too :)

Thanks Elrohir, I'll look into that option. I've got a lot of exploring to do, on both my tablet and upcoming Android phone.

If I install one of those other browsers, is it easy to make it the "default" browser that opens up from any links?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If I install one of those other browsers, is it easy to make it the "default" browser that opens up from any links?

Once you have another browser installed, when you go to open a link, a dialogue should pop up asking you which browser you want to use. There should also be a check box for making it the default. Check the check box and select your other browser.

Reactions: insane42

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463