Lock screen help needed.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Currently I can have playback controls on the lock screen of my idevices, as you can see in the screenshot below. Pandora is one example on when I would use this. How can do this same thing on my android device? I currently have a Galaxy Tab 2 7" & I'll be getting the GS3 soon. Thanks. View attachment 28205

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If I may, I'd suggest getting Widget Locker: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker&token=XPzt178a

You can make your lockscreen look however you want (including making it look exactly like your iPhone). I don't have my GS3 yet, but there should be out-of-the-box widgets for media control (you could test that by adding a widget to a regular screen), On my EVO (running CM7), the widgets are called "Music"....

A lot of media players (like Poweramp which I use: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&token=Ua98id1c) have options to display media controls on your lock screen, but in all honesty I'm not sure it works with Pandora or just local media.If not, there are a lot of media players in the market that have media widgets in them, so you can get different styles and stuff. Might be worth asking in the apps forum for suggestions, as I'm not familiar with a lot of them since I don't use it.

However, Pandora itself has a widget you can add that looks like this:
pandoratransparent.jpg

These threads at XDA might also help (for Widgetlocker and customizing)

1. 6700+ pages of customized screens: Post your Phone Home Screen **BE APPROPRIATE** - Page 6707 - xda-developers
  2. 470+ pages of Widgetlocker themes: [THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection - xda-developers

Last edited:

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Tried widget locker on the galaxy tab 2. Very nice widget....but, it stays in landscape mode. I want into be either way. & I couldn't figure out how to have the player controls right there on the lock screen. Disappointing.

Thanks though.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Could you add other widgets but not player controls? I've never had any issue adding anything to the lockscreen with Widgetlocker. Granted, I'm not using it on a tablet, but I would think the experience would be pretty much the same.

Dumb question, but are you sure you're using it right? I mean, all it is is a screen.....long press to add things just like you do on any other screen. But the device can't be locked at the time...you have to unlock it, go into the app drawer, and open Widget Locker so you're in "edit" mode.

For landscape, did you check the settings? There's an option (at least on the phone version) to lock landscape/portrait or to rotate. The tablet version might default to landscape.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about my tablet, it's getting shipped back to me as we speak, but, on my phone, I have stock lock screen media controls. I have an X2, and, when I'm playing music, there is a square image of the album I'm listening to. If I tap that, media controls appear. Not sure if your device does this, but, worth a shot.

GrandmaSue132

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from a HTC Droid Incredible to a Motorola DroidX (version 2.3.4). The difference in reception capability from the HTC to the Motorola was phenomanal. I no longer have to stand next to a window to get indoor reception anywhere! However, when I go to answer or use my phone, I have to first unlock it. My husband has the exact same phone, and when he bought his, he asked a tech to disable the lock and they did. When I went in and requested the same, I was told it wasn't possible. I've tried every which way to Sunday trying to disbale mine, but can't, and he can't remember what they did exactly, but that it took like 10 seconds and it was done. This is so frustrating ;-( Can anyone help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz