Antivirus

MarcSMASH

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I personally think everyone should. More and more "black hats" are targeting mobile devices. But honestly, I don't think I'd actually pay for one yet though. I use the free Lookout.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trev.3000

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't use one, I think if you're careful and use good judgement while browsing the net or downloading apps you shouldn't need one. It's just like my personal computer, I don't have an antivirus running regularly, I'll just run a scan every few weeks. By just avoiding sketchy websites and downloading things you're not sure about you don't need one.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't use one, I think if you're careful and use good judgement while browsing the net or downloading apps you shouldn't need one. It's just like my personal computer, I don't have an antivirus running regularly, I'll just run a scan every few weeks. By just avoiding sketchy websites and downloading things you're not sure about you don't need one.

^^This.

dwomackESET

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Generally, I think it's a good idea to have one installed. I understand the "If you're not a n00b and have common sense.." argument but there's also a reason we backup everything and it's not just to protect against hardware failure. So I do run anti-virus & anti-malware on my PCs and anti-virus on my mobile devices.

I can be as safe as I want but in the end, I'm human. At some point, something may slip past my enormous brain and tremendous judgement skills. ;)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
After over 20 years on the internet without ever downloading a virus or other malware, I still use Avast on my desktops, laptops and Android phone. It's getting easier and easier to "write" malware, so more and more people are doing it. The program is small and unobtrusive, and better than having to rebuild the entire software environment on a device that gets hit. (I still do backups regularly too.)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The more popular Android becomes, the more necessary AV will become. I don't currently run any, but, I probably will one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463