Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to automatically add prefix to dialed numbers

I have an HTC Rezound, with stock OS and everything.

I work for a hospital where I frequently have to dial a 4 digit number to call different zones of the hospital. (every phone number is lets say 212-883-xxxx)

So Instead of always putting in 212-883 before the 4 digit suffix, is there a way I can tell my phone to automatically add that 6 digit prefix, without the use of an app?

Thanks everyone

Global Posts
    12,262 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: How to automatically add prefix to dialed numbers

"without the use of an app" you can't even dial the phone. The dialer is an app.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

So you don't want to set these up as a contact or contacts? In that case I'd try setting one contact up for the prefix, let it dial and manually dial the other digits, would probably work.

I used to have an old Ericcson "dumb" phone (back before Sony and Ericcson merged) that did this. It is a handy feature if you have to dial a lot of work extensions but don't want the entire company's directory in your contact list.

I have a brand new Nexus 4 and have the same problem... any old cellphone has this function, but appears that the last android don't. My old Galaxy S did it like a charm.
    The best way to resolve my problem was an app called Prefixer.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Jwsuh99 - did you get this problem fixed? I have the same issue. I downloaded prefixer but the stock rules didn't help. I dont want to purchase if it doesn't provide the functionality you are looking for. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using AC Forums mobile app

Is this phone used exclusively for your hospital work, such that you want the prefix attached to all the numbers you dial?
    If so you might want to look at DW Contacts...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....free&hl=en-GB

It has an option to add a prefix to dialled numbers. Ask the developer Devin here....

DWP • View forum - DW Contacts & Phone

He is very responsive to queries.