Lost Native Dialer and Contacts App after upgraing to 4.0.3

rungss

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note GTN7000 Android Phone with Vodafone Connection in Mumbai.

I upgraded to 4.0.3 last Saturday after which the Phone and Contacts Icon at the Bottom disappeared.

I can't add it from App Menu too as it seems the application itself has been removed somehow.

I don't see them in the list of Application installed in ALL Tab.

Please help me restore it.

Any help is appreciated.

matt9337

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me i upgraded my samsung galaxy s2 two days ago and it removed messaging dialer and contacts and my whole homescreen was wiped off my phone also about every 6 mins it says 'unfortunitaly the process com.android.phone has stopped. Help would be much appreciated

rungss

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
@matt9337

Yeah..
Yesterday, suddenly I lost all my Contacts. I realized that Google doen't sync the Contacts both ways as in Contacts previously in my Phone were not in Google Contacts.

I tried to Rest Factory Settings and after that also the DIaler and Contacts App were not restored.

And I also started getting this Error: "'unfortunitaly the process com.android.phone has stopped"

rungss

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get these back after going to a Samsung Service Center and updating/installing the firmware afresh.

I lost all Data. Had taken a backup of important files before going for it.

Do take a Backup of all your Contacts, and Files.

You can use kies which is available for Windows.

I used various Contacts and Dialer App till the time it was resolved.

DW Contacts, Dialer One, exDialer

Regards,
Bijay

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
@matt9337

Yeah..
Yesterday, suddenly I lost all my Contacts. I realized that Google doen't sync the Contacts both ways as in Contacts previously in my Phone were not in Google Contacts.

I tried to Rest Factory Settings and after that also the DIaler and Contacts App were not restored.

And I also started getting this Error: "'unfortunitaly the process com.android.phone has stopped"

Google does sync both ways. I guess you were having issues with syncing.

maybe because you lost contacts app the syncing broke.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes