Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation How to delete crap off the phone!

I don't know where it came from, I don;t know how it installed, but suddenly I am getting all these notifications from Zoosk, from some place called "DroidApps" and all other kinds of garbage. My clock widget went away, and I had to put it back on, there are all sorts of new icons for things I didn't put on the phone, and it comes down to one thing that I do not recall ever having seen before:

AdService

I tap the menu button, and then settings, and get a list of everything on here. That's one I have never seen before, and I want the little beastie GONE...

Please, please someone tell me how to remove this thing from my phone! (and don't tell me to "root" it because it's a company phone, and not mine, I can't do it!)

I am sick to death of something else changing my phone. I haven't even learned how to do everything on it, and it's changing things by itself like it's posessed. Maybe it is. I have AVG antivirus, but I don't know where to find a good spyware program.

Please, please help!

Dude this happened to me too! I had a search icon auto install on my home screen. Try the lookout app called add something...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    BOBZ CM9

The app is ad free ( but needs root), you can try installing titanium back up, even tho your phones not rooted it does a pretty good job of finding hidden apps

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Default Re: How to delete crap off the phone!

you cant uninstall the fabulous stock bloatware without root... best bet is to go into system/apps/running and stop everything you dont want running... id also check cached apps in running/apps also... you could use watchdog to track and freeze the apps that you dont want to run... it wont free up internal storage but it should at least prevent the problem apps from running/running in background, pushing spam, and bogging down the cpu... :-)

lite: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hdoglite&hl=en
    pro: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...watchdog&hl=en

Use this app from the Lookout guys. It's free and will find adware that's giving you a headache and help you remove it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...out.addetector

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Default Re: How to delete crap off the phone!

That appears to be a business app, are you sure your place of business had not installed it? You should be able to uninstall through the settings (settings and then applications). I had something similar happen when I first used an android phone. I had download a "go launcher" app. It pretty much replaced my stock search and I think some items were moved. I didn't feel comfortable with the changes it automatically made so I uninstalled it.

I use Avast Mobile security for my android phone. It has a Firewall that can only be used if you root your phone, but the other tools work fine without having to root.