Microsoft Exchange Setup problem

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just made the switch from ios to android yesterday and so far I love my S3 and android. The only problem I have at the moment is I can not figure out how to setup my corporate email. I used the same settings that I had on my iphone. I'm attempting to attach a screen shot for reference...HELP!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else at your work do this with an Android phone? If you know anyone, that might be the quickest way to get it working.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just a thought, but that scribble where domain/username is looks really short to contain both. Are you sure you're putting in both the domain and user name?

Barring that, you might need to talk to your IT department on what settings to use.

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just a thought, but that scribble where domain/username is looks really short to contain both. Are you sure you're putting in both the domain and user name?

Barring that, you might need to talk to your IT department on what settings to use.

Yep I'm sure that the domain and user name are correct. Guess I'll give IT a call.

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the issue resolved. The problem was that when typing in the domain and user name I had to use a forward slash instead of the normal backslash. Even my IT rep was surprised by the forward slash as all other smartphone setups are with the backlash in between the domain and user name. This may are may not be the case for everyone but it worked for me domain/username!

Reactions: Devinator

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Great!! Glad to hear it. Thanks for coming back to post your results.

Wouldn't it be nice if they require it to be Domain/Username, that they used the correct slash in their application? The screenshot you posted shows they used the wrong one. :mad:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Great!! Glad to hear it. Thanks for coming back to post your results.

Wouldn't it be nice if they require it to be Domain/Username, that they used the correct slash in their application? The screenshot you posted shows they used the wrong one. :mad:

Glad he fixed it...but normally the slash they show is the correct one (and the one i use). It's odd that he had to use the other one.

leeb98

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
i'm just switching from an iphone and copied the MS exchange configure over to the nexus 7 ..
can not connection to server

configure was like
no domain name
user id
server was an ip address

tried with the domain name and with out on the nexus without any luck

any ideas ?

lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member