How do you delete one event on the calendar in a recurring series
10-08-2016 09:41 AM
- Please Help!
I just bought a new phone and have started using the stock Android calendar. I put in my work schedule as a recurring series...M,W,Th,F at the same time every week. I am taking a Friday off in a few weeks, so I went to delete that event only and there is NO option to delete just that day. My options are "This & future events" or "All events". I also tried Jorte calendar app at the recommendation of a Verizon employee and it is doing the same thing. There has to be a setting or something I am missing. I should not have to re-input all my data every time I take a day off. My old phone gave me the option to delete "This event only".
If anyone has a fix, or tips/instructions, please let me know.
And many thanks for any help!
PWG07-10-2012 10:06 PM
- DevinatorSūpā Saiya-jin FōWhen you long press the event and select Delete, there should be an option for Only This Event, you don't see that? Worst case, try doing it from calendar.google.com while you try and sort it out on your phone. You should definitely see the option there.07-10-2012 11:27 PM
- Thank you Devinator!
The "Only this Event" option is not there on my phone calendar.
I did try google calendar on my computer and the option shows up and works fine. I tried to get the phone to sync with computer and nothing happens. I am thinking if I can get it to sync, it might solve the problem.
Any suggestions for getting the snyc to work?
PWG07-11-2012 09:58 AM
- DevinatorSūpā Saiya-jin FōCurious. Try creating a brand new repeat event and see if you get the "Only This Event" option. Maybe something funky happened with that particular event.
Ohhh, right, repeat events have trouble syncing. I have been experiencing this issue for at least a year now and have long since given up on it. I did a lot of testing, and, got someone else from AC to help with it. They said they were using a 3rd party calendar and that deleting the repeat events worked, so, you might want to look into that. I believe the person said they were using Calengoo, but, I never bothered. I don't use the browser calendar anymore, so, I don't care about syncing.
For reference, here is the thread I started on it, just in case you want to check it out.
Repeat Calendar Events Wont Sync to Gmail Account Properly07-11-2012 10:09 AM
- I guess we will have to wait for Android to get past version 0.1.1.0 for this feature to be added.
Oh, wait...I'm running 2.3.6. Hmmm....seriously, we can't delete a single event from a repeating series? Nor all future events without using an after-market app? Wasn't Google hiring all the smartest folk for awhile? Maybe not.
Makes me pine for my Blackberry.07-24-2012 05:33 PM
- I would try going into the application settings for Calendar Storage and clear the data and the go back to the calendar and telling it to refresh. This might also clear up the issues with the event deleting. I actually have several repeating events and I just did this to test it out and all my events reappeared after the refresh. Also for mine the delete this event only is the default choice when I select to delete a repeating event.07-24-2012 07:54 PM
- I was able to delete a single occurrence on my Galaxy Ace using ver 2.3.6 but not on a Medion using 4.1.1
Also I find it annoying that I can't put a terminating date on a recurring event. I have to go to the first date I don't need the event and delete "this and future events". Am I missing something here?10-27-2013 06:59 PM
- When I updated my Razr Maxx HD to Verizon Android version 4.4.2, the same started happening to me. (I back up my phone over USB to Outlook using the Android-Sync app.) As with PWG, when I create new recurring entries, I can't delete an old recurring event without deleting the whole series. Anyway, I found that if I once I sync my phone, then after that I do get the option "This event only", and everything is good. So I would recommend trying to sync your phone however you sync it, and see if that fixes the problem. A little painful, but at least It gets me to sync my phone more often, which is probably good.05-23-2014 07:58 PM
- try the following steps:
1. let you android phone connect internet and sync the calendar to your google calendar.
2. logon your google account by PC and access the google calendar.
3. edit / delete the corresponding calendar and save.
4. It will ask you take this action to only this event / whole series.
5. choose Only This Event.
6. refresh your android phone calendar.
7. your android phone calendar will appear Only This Event option.12-18-2014 10:26 AM
- If you go the screen where the calendar for the month is there-(make sure you are on the month that the event you want to cancel is in) tap the 3 little dots at the top and then tap delete and it will list all of the events for the month. Scroll to the one you want to delete and tap on the box. It will allow you to delete the one time event. I happened on this accidently!09-16-2015 07:13 PM
- I also can't delete single events of repeating events...that is the ones i made with Google calendar. Repeating events i made with samsungs S Planer i can edit without issue everywhere.
So maybe just have a second APP only for adding those repeating events. Anything else can then be done with Google calendar
PS: i have a similar issue with enabling additional calendar in Google. So i went over to S Planer and enabled them there and, tadah, they now nicely show up in Google as well12-01-2015 10:27 AM
- I've had this problem recently on my galaxy note 4, and I must admit it is rather maddening.
I have just solved the problem for myself though.
If you go to settings & change the "First day of week", then it will let you delete just one event from a recurring series thereafter when you long press the event (giving you the option of "Only this event" after selecting delete).03-16-2016 11:56 AM
- I have had the same problem for what is approaching a year now. It turns out that unless you create the event in your "My Calendar" grouping, it isn't possible to edit just a single event.
If, like me, you use the colour co-ordination of the calendars that sync to your account, you have to choose between using colour co-ordination or being able to edit a single event. The only way to do both that I've found is to change every event in the series to the "My Calendar" list, delete the single event, then replace it in whichever other calendar you used for colour-coding.04-14-2016 01:15 PM
- I have been having the same issue sonce I got a replacement Note 5. I JUST discovered a work-around that worked for me! Instead of deleting the one occurance that I want to remove, I edited it to change the date to the next date in the series. I was worried it would delte all the past occurances, but it didn't! It just asked if I wanted to edit "All events in series" and I said yes. No work on the fourth of July. Done.07-01-2016 05:55 PM
- This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous! We never had these problems when we used a paper diary!!!! This is progress????
I had no problem with deleting a single event on my Sony phone, I now have a Huawei, which is great, but I also can't delete a single event.
I've couldn't find the options suggested above, i.e. "first day of the week", my calender grouping, so the solution for me was to go to the event i want to change, tap the space above or below - which ever is free, and add another event saying "no class today" or whatever the change is.
It's simple, it works10-08-2016 06:51 AM
- Android Central Community
- General Help and How To
How do you delete one event on the calendar in a recurring series
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD