Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you delete one event on the calendar in a recurring series

Please Help!
    I just bought a new phone and have started using the stock Android calendar. I put in my work schedule as a recurring series...M,W,Th,F at the same time every week. I am taking a Friday off in a few weeks, so I went to delete that event only and there is NO option to delete just that day. My options are "This & future events" or "All events". I also tried Jorte calendar app at the recommendation of a Verizon employee and it is doing the same thing. There has to be a setting or something I am missing. I should not have to re-input all my data every time I take a day off. My old phone gave me the option to delete "This event only".
    If anyone has a fix, or tips/instructions, please let me know.
    And many thanks for any help!
    PWG
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: How do you delete one event on the calendar in a recurring se

When you long press the event and select Delete, there should be an option for Only This Event, you don't see that? Worst case, try doing it from calendar.google.com while you try and sort it out on your phone. You should definitely see the option there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you Devinator!
    The "Only this Event" option is not there on my phone calendar.

I did try google calendar on my computer and the option shows up and works fine. I tried to get the phone to sync with computer and nothing happens. I am thinking if I can get it to sync, it might solve the problem.

Any suggestions for getting the snyc to work?
    Thanks!
    PWG
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Curious. Try creating a brand new repeat event and see if you get the "Only This Event" option. Maybe something funky happened with that particular event.

Ohhh, right, repeat events have trouble syncing. I have been experiencing this issue for at least a year now and have long since given up on it. I did a lot of testing, and, got someone else from AC to help with it. They said they were using a 3rd party calendar and that deleting the repeat events worked, so, you might want to look into that. I believe the person said they were using Calengoo, but, I never bothered. I don't use the browser calendar anymore, so, I don't care about syncing.

For reference, here is the thread I started on it, just in case you want to check it out.

Repeat Calendar Events Wont Sync to Gmail Account Properly
    Last edited by Devinator; 07-11-2012 at 10:19 AM.

I guess we will have to wait for Android to get past version 0.1.1.0 for this feature to be added.

Oh, wait...I'm running 2.3.6. Hmmm....seriously, we can't delete a single event from a repeating series? Nor all future events without using an after-market app? Wasn't Google hiring all the smartest folk for awhile? Maybe not.

Makes me pine for my Blackberry.

I would try going into the application settings for Calendar Storage and clear the data and the go back to the calendar and telling it to refresh. This might also clear up the issues with the event deleting. I actually have several repeating events and I just did this to test it out and all my events reappeared after the refresh. Also for mine the delete this event only is the default choice when I select to delete a repeating event.

Default Re: How do you delete one event on the calendar in a recurring series

I have the exact same problem and maddeningly happens with All calendar apps that rely on Google calendar! Arch. Brand new smart phone (my first ).

I was able to delete a single occurrence on my Galaxy Ace using ver 2.3.6 but not on a Medion using 4.1.1

Also I find it annoying that I can't put a terminating date on a recurring event. I have to go to the first date I don't need the event and delete "this and future events". Am I missing something here?

When I updated my Razr Maxx HD to Verizon Android version 4.4.2, the same started happening to me. (I back up my phone over USB to Outlook using the Android-Sync app.) As with PWG, when I create new recurring entries, I can't delete an old recurring event without deleting the whole series. Anyway, I found that if I once I sync my phone, then after that I do get the option "This event only", and everything is good. So I would recommend trying to sync your phone however you sync it, and see if that fixes the problem. A little painful, but at least It gets me to sync my phone more often, which is probably good.