1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how do you type an underscore _ ???

i know this seems dumb and simple... but i have looked everywhere and cant find an answer.

Im on HTC EVO Sprint, using ShapeWriter keyboard. I can't figure out how to type and underscore ( _ ) I had to have a friend text 1 to me, then i had to hit FORWARD his text to let me able to edit it (since It doesnt let you copy text out of a text, only if its something you are typing). so I had to hit forward to make it editable, then copy it out and paste it into what I was doing. Is there a secret to getting more on screen characters to choose from? Sorry I've only had this phone a little while and haven't figure everything out yet. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

--Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

OMG, that was easy, i thought I tried that though. I remember thinking " that's kind of dumb, why do they have a whole button dedicated to the @" lol. thanks i appreciate it!
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

You're welcome. (I've never used ShapeWriter.)
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5

Default Re: how do you type an underscore _ ???

For those of us who are behind the times, press the ABC button, then press the button with =/< on it...THAT is the Alt key.