Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Proclaim 2.3 problem! help!

Hey I just recently tried to make my samsung galaxy proclaim a 3g hotspot and when i open the browser on the phone now i get directed to dunsp.vzw.com and I cant do anything but stay on that page. everything is fine im gettting txt, wifi, and im still getting the 3g signal but I cant use my 3g for the internet because it just keeps redirecting me to that same page. how do i fix this! Ive already uninstalled the 3g hotspot app also
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Proclaim 2.3 problem! help!

Have you tried calling Verizon? If your phone isn't providing you with the service you pay for, it's your right to complain. I'd call them and let them deal with it.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Currently

I know this thread is old, but in the future for people with Straight talk Proclaim dont try to tether, this will happen, it happened to me. You will have to do a factory reset in order for your phone to work again. Only way to tether this phone is to root it.

Not necessarily. I'm using Samsung's Droid Charge. It's hotspot capable, which I use quite often - mostly surfing - but I didn't need to root-access the device

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Currently

If you try this on the proclaim it will do this and have to do a factory reset trust me, I had to with this phone which is also the proclaim.

Sent from my Rooted SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Is there a way to fix this on the proclaim? My husbands is doing the same thing. We've tried the hard restore, reg restore, remove the battery and restart and the reprogram multiple times. Nothing is working. Still getting the dunsp.VZW.com redirect on the web and no 3G at all. Any ideas?

Lightbulb Re: Samsung Galaxy Proclaim 2.3 problem! help!

I had same problem with my phone but factory reset wouldn't work... After spending 3 hours on phone with straight talk and five factory resets later I had to send in phone to get replaced with a new phone