Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clodfelterac
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking to buy cheap used android phone, recommendations?

Hi all, I'm new to android (or will be soon, at least) and am looking for something to replace my current Verizon Pre 2.

I love webOS but am tired of all the bugs and problems I've been having with my Pre 2 (frankly my Pre+ was significantly better).

I'm looking to move to android and am looking for a cheap used replacement at around $100.

I'm currently on Verizon. I don't care for 4g or anything fancy. All I need it for is texting, email, calendar, and good battery life (although any battery life will likely be better than my Pre 2's, so I guess I'm not expecting much).

I have a slight preference for a physical keyboard, but I suppose it's about time I learn to use a virtual keyboard if need be.

So far I've looked at the Droid 2, Droid 3, Droid X, Droid X2, and Samsung Stratosphere.

I've read that although the Droid 3 is certainly better than the Droid 2 (duh), it's not a significant improvement, and I might be better off saving myself money by settling for the 2.

Any opinions?
    Any advice or other recommendations?

Thanks!

Edit: I've become interested in the Droid X. It's cheap (80 bucks buy it now with shipping on ebay) and seems capable. I don't need a super display and the upgraded dual-core of the X2 isn't a significant enough upgrade for me to feel like I'm missing out.
    Does anyone have experience with the Droid X? How is it?
    Last edited by PaulGoze; 07-23-2012 at 01:48 AM.
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Default Re: Looking to buy cheap used android phone, recommendations?

LG Optimus V | eBay

we have froyo, gingerbread, ics, and jellybean on the way...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ng-roms-hacks/
    :-)
    Va1ha11a likes this.

ROM
    BOBZ CM9

Quote Originally Posted by clodfelterac View Post
    LG Optimus V | eBay

we have froyo, gingerbread, ics, and jellybean on the way...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ng-roms-hacks/
    :-)
    +1

my votes for bill Clinton ( pimp of the white house)
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Or the Optimus V's twin, the Optimus S (the sprint version). The Hacking communities for both ar outstanding, and there is a lot of interlap between the two (they both run on Sprint's network- Virgin Mobile is a prepaid company using Sprint's network.. Bonus! Sprint is giving it away free with a two year contract. Also, when your contract is up, you can upgrade and you will have a wider range of devices than the Optimus v.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Except I'm on Verizon...

Unless I'm missing something.

ROM
    BOBZ CM9

I thought Verizon had optimus...... o yea but Verizon is called vortex, not exactly the same but there sister phones. Just another variant of lg optimus p500

my votes for bill Clinton ( pimp of the white house)

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

check out what's available on swappa. they are generally said to be very reputable.
    Swappa (Android) Buy and sell gently used Android devices

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamawM View Post
    check out what's available on swappa. they are generally said to be very reputable.
    Swappa (Android) Buy and sell gently used Android devices
    Is there any other websites that are just like swappa?

Sometimes u can buy a brandnew phone for100dollars onsale the only site ive used was ebay,shop smart becareful u never know where the hacker scammers are