Verizon Won't Upgrade Me !!!

Aug 15, 2010
dollardrip.com
So, Verizon doesn't let you extend your contract and upgrade your phone anymore. I'm currently stuck with the Droid X 2 and I'm not due for an upgrade until next year.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can make this happen anyway? I tried to talk to customer service and they tried to get me to add a line. This proved to be nonsensical because after cancelling the line it would cost the same amount in the end as it would to pay full price.

So how can I get a new, upgraded phone at a discounted price? If not through Verizon, where should I go? I want new, I'm not too big on used.

Side note: what would you say is the best Verizon Android phone at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
When did you buy your X2? If it was only a year ago then you're stuck.

Best Android phone on Verizon is subjective. Probably the SGS3 or Gnex though if you go spec for spec

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
You can try eBay or Craigslist. Other than that you gonna have to go the full retail price route.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

JOHN39

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. If you're on a family plan you can transfer someone else's upgrade to you, but then you can only use that to get a phone from Verizon not from Amazon, and then pay a $30 upgrade charge.

tallsc

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
You can add a line, just put a regular phone on it and block the data but you have to pay $9.99 more a month on your bill for the line

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power