Galaxy S3 to Xbox 360 DLNA

r6yr

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how to connect my Galaxy S3 to my Xbox 360 thru DLNA. I have been screwing with this freaking thing for over an hour and have made absolutely no progress. I am about to destroy everything I own.

I did this before on my Droid X and it worked great. Now I can not get it to work at all. I turn on my sharing on my S3 and then it asks me if my xbox is allowed. I click yes. Nothing shows up on my xbox. It doesn't recognize it or find it at all. I am honestly losing my mind. Then I search the internet and all I get are these crappy search engine responses that take me to a list of 50 things completely unrelated to what I am looking for.

I am not a technological idiot and the fact that I can not get this setup is making me absolutely irate. Please if someone could walk me thru what I am supposed to do I would appreciate it. (If I do not kill myself first.)

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully you haven't killed yourself yet.

Sorry, but I dont have a solution to your problem.

My questions is what will this enable you to do? I have an Xbox360 and a GS3 and i am intrigued by what you could do by linking them up. I am not familiar with DLNA so i really have no idea. What are some of the cool things you can do if they are linked?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
What he said ^^^

I have an Xbox ass well. Eventually we won't need this because we will have smart play from Microsoft but until then I'm interested as well. Hope you find a solution.

P.S. You might get more help if you put this in the actual galaxy s3 section. If it wasn't for the AC app starting me off on the latest thread section I would've never seen this.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have it working with my PS3, which was pretty painless. I'll try it on my XBOX 360 in a little while and let you know.

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, I didn't have any luck. I can't get my 360 to see the phone...my other media servers (my PC and PlayOn) come up, but the Galaxy Siii won't.

Not sure what to tell you. Thankfully I have my PS3 as well, so I can use that.

r6yr

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
The reason to link my phone to my Xbox is that I want to listen to my music that is on my phone thru my sound system on my Xbox. I did this with my Droid X and it was awesome. I can not get my brand new S3 to do it even though it technically should... So angry...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums