Set Locations in Google Now?

trap49

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
How do you set "home" and "work" locations in Google Now? I found an article online but it didn't have the same screens as I do. When I got my GNex, I set it up at work and somehow it thinks that is my "home." When I'm home, I get a Card that tells me the traffic and how many minutes it will take to get Home. I don't remember setting it up that way, I just took all the defaults.

I'm running JB. When I scroll up to get Google Now, I scroll to the bottom and press the 3 dots and select Settings. I press on Privacy and accounts, then on Manage Location History. Maps comes up briefly, but then the Settings menu overlays it. From the menu I select Location Settings. Enable location history is enabled. When I press Manage your places, I get a blank screen with a tiny message that says "No check-in places to manage."

Anyone have any clues? This is anything but intuitive.

madsere

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The page is empty because you haven't checked in anywhere yet. Go to Latitude, enable it, Check in at your location, then you will get to option to mark where you are checked in as "home". Actually I think the first place you check in is automatically marked home.