- 5 Posts
Alternatives to Galaxy Nexus
I recently purchased from Google Play an unlocked Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ 16gb which I started using with StraightTalk. Unfortunately, some SOB thief stole it from me, and I now I am looking to buy another phone
I was overall rather satisfied with the Nexus, except for a few things:
- Volume: this was its worst defect. I had to buy Volume+ from the market and it improved, but not enough. Both the speaker and the call volume were not good
- No SD card: not possible to go beyond 16gb unless you root it and buy a card reader
- Could not be used for mass storage: MTP was really problematic except for media files. I had to use Dropbox or a FTP app. No, I don't want to root my phone.
- Buttons position: I hated the power button on the right (instead of being on top) and the volume rockers on the left. I found myself constantly holding the phone in the wrong position and accidentally pressing the power button
- Weak GPS. It took too much time to get a lock. I downloaded GPS status and the time improved but not much. I have read other people had the same issue. No, it was not my fault or my imagination. I tested it along an LG Optimus S, and the latter got locks rather quickly in the same places where the Nexus was taking a long time. Yes, I had the latest updates for ICS, but it never performed well with or without those updates.
So, I am looking for a phone that has the best features of the Nexus but without its problems. It must have:
- Comparable screen size: no smaller than 4"
- Better volume: both call and speaker volume
- Better GPS performance
- GSM and usable with StraightTalk, HSPA+
- SD card slot
- Comparable battery life or better (or support extended battery)
- Comparable price
- Comparable RAM, and processor
- Other good features of the Nexus
Does anyone know about a device that fits all or most of the above criteria?
- 5 Posts
Re: Alternatives to Galaxy Nexus
BTW, please don't try to hijack or silence this thread by:
- Defending the problems of the phone or claiming it was all my imagination or my fault. If you want to do that, please start another thread.
- Telling me to look at the spec sheets of other phones instead. You cannot get all the information from them. For example, the volume problem was not mentioned in the spec sheet.
- Saying I need to make my own mind not ask somebody else: I will make my own mind, but I want to hear opinions of others
- Saying "Me too. I am also interested in knowing about this" (self explanatory)
- Suggest I put this in the Google Nexus forum (or any other forum). I already posted there and was referred to this forum