Can't recover data from SDcard

Mohd. s

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I really need help, I searched the net but no solution helped me...

I have a SAMSUNG Galaxy SII, and a Sandisc 16 GB HD micro SD card,
3 days ago I noticed a notification that says:"SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem"

I tried several times to take it off and put it back but with no luck, I put the card in the card reader & connected it to my laptop, the laptop (windows 7) did't recognized it either, and it suggested to do FORMAT to the card, So I did, and choose to format to FAT32 system..I was sure that recovery programs will recover my photos and videos...
sadly.. I tried 4 programs to recover them, no single photo was recovered, it just looks like a brand new Sd card now...the card now is working normally now...

I need my photos back, PLEASE HELP !! :'(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Full-formatting the card (which is probably what you did) deletes all data on the card, so there's nothing there to recover.

You could try TestDisk TestDisk - CGSecurity to recover the old partition, then PhotoRec (same site) to recover the files if they don't show, but no guarantee that the old data isn't gone. (Both programs are free, and both are of the caliber that they should sell for a few hundred dollars each.)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm usually a format to fat 32 dose delete all but try that I've never had this issue fortionantally but I hope I never have to go through it I wish you luck I wonder what madebyour sd go bad are you rooted??

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I used Stellar Phoenix. Had to pay for it, but can attest that it worked perfectly and I got everything back.

Posted via the Android Central App