Accessing Google Bookmarks via Android Chrome

buddyboy101

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know how to access my Google Bookmarks via Chrome for my Android. In Chrome (Android), I made sure sync was enabled for my Google account and bookmarks is checked. However, when I open the bookmarks on Chrome (Android), nothing appears. If it's worth anything, these bookmarks were added in Firefox, but again these are Google Bookmarks, not saved locally in Firefox.

Thanks.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you looking at the right place??

In Android chrome... there is three bookmarks. usually it defaults to Mobile Bookmark
1. Desktop Bookmark
2. Mobile Bookmark
3. Other Bookmarks

look under Desktop Bookmark Click "Bookmarks-->Mobile Bookmark" then you will see above bookmarks as folders

Also, on desktop sync DONOT use passphrase encryption(use password encryption) else it wont appear in Android Chrome bookmark..

also check in sync setting, Chrome is checked

Settings-->Sync-->[Account]-->Chrome is checked.

Last edited:

buddyboy101

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I followed those instructions, and no luck. Except I'm not sure what you mean by "desktop sync" - where is that option? Just a reminder, I'm not using Chrome on my computer (I'm at work, and can't install Chrome - I just use Firefox to add pages to Google Bookmarks).

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how Firefox Google book mark work but lets check it out

1. Go to the dashboard here https://www.google.com/dashboard/
under Chrome do you see something like this?

Chrome sync
Last sync: Aug 8, 2012 5:44 PM
Bookmarks: 32

2. Go to https://www.google.com/bookmarks/
Do you see all your bookmarks here?

If you are seeing bookmarks under 2 then that's the problem..

You have to sync bookmarks using Chrome for your desktop to make it appear on Android Chrome.

buddyboy101

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
To be clear, I'm using Chrome on my computer at home and Firefox on my computer at work. Right now I'm not interested in syncing Chrome (Android) with Chrome (home). I just want to sync Chome (Android) with Firefox (work).

I do see:
Chrome sync
Last sync: August 8, 2012 4:18 p.m.
Bookmarks: 3
Open Tabs: 4

I imagine this data pertains to my Chrome (home). Regardless, I do not see any bookmarks at all in any of the Chrome (Android) bookmark folders i.e. Desktop, Mobile, Other.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont think its possible to sync two different sets of bookmark with one google account for now...
your should be seeing at least your home bookmark in Chrome for Android if you have logged in with the same account..

have you looked under this to see if your work bookmark is present? https://www.google.com/bookmarks/

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: I'm leaving the below, but I may be a bit confused between Favorites and "Google Bookmarks"...I assumed it was the same thing you were referring to, but maybe not.

I don't know if this will help, but this is what I do: I use XMarks, which basically will sync your bookmarks across all your browsers. I use Firefox, Chrome and IE depending on the task at hand, so no matter which browser I use, all the bookmarks are the same. So I bookmark something in Chrome, it shows up in IE and Firefox (and vice versa).

Here's where it gets cool though...XMarks is free to sync PC browsers, but they charge for mobile syncing. But with Chrome it doesn't matter, since Chrome syncs to itself.

So say I'm on the PC and bookmark something in IE. Well, it syncs to Firefox and Chrome, and since it's no in Chrome (on the PC) it syncs to Chrome (on my phone and iPad).

It works out really well for myself. What you would need to do in your circumstance is to leave Chrome open on your computer at home (so if you favorite something in Firefox, it syncs over to Chrome, and then to your phone).

It works well for me, but I can foresee a couple issues with your situation....since if you have personal bookmarks at home that you don't want on your work PC (with Firefox) then that's going to be an issue. Also, if you don't use Chrome at work, you'd have to leave it open on your home PC (so when you bookmark something in Firefox, it syncs to XMarks, then to your home PC/Chrome, and finally to your phone)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2