Sync Apps Across Multiple Devices

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to automatically sync Play Store applications across multiple devices. In other words, I have a Nexus 7, TPad, LG Connect (work phone) and then I also switch between a GNex and Rezound (personal phone).

Is there anyway that if I download an app from one device that the app will also automatically be pushed/downloaded on the other devices?

It is a real pain to have to remember to go to each other device and download the app, and even worse when I switch between handsets that may not have been used for several week.

Any ideas?

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
yeah but when you use multiple devices this seems like a pain, plus I think this is somethingn that should def be included in the play store that works from your handset. its the little things like this that google seems to leave out.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That would be a nice addition but i agree it a little pain but not a deal breaker i guess...
hopefully we see this in future play release.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
It definitely would be a nice option to have, though personally other than Nova Launcher, I don't think I've downloaded any of the same Apps or Games to both my GNex AND my N7. If so, they're the separate phone & tablet versions (like SwiftKey for example).
I use my phone for stuff and my tablet for completely other stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I recently read an article over at XDA about an app called appsync. It's available in the play store for rooted devices. It allows you to sync apps and data between devices on the same lan network. It might be worth checking out.

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) You're probably one of the few people who wants the same apps on many devices.

2) Not all apps will install on all devices. That's why Google requires that you specify the device you want to install the app on.

3) When you install a new app, select each device in turn, and click Install. (This may only work from a browser, not from the Play app.) When you turn a phone on, the app will install.

MildMethod

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I disagree, Rukbat. I think a lot of people would like their apps sync'd across multiple devices, particularly their purchased apps.

What I think would be good is if you could mark the devices (select all or select multiple) you wish to install the app on via a checkbox type option within google play.

JGrub

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
A good use for such a feature is when one device breaks and you buy a second one to replace it. This is what happened to my Asus MeMo tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci