Yahoo Email question need help

Severedheart

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I you two pictures as attachments sent to me but after it opens and says saved attachment they are no where to be found. What do I do?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
First ewwh!!! you use yahoo... Just kidding!!! :)

look at it at Gallary-->Download or if you go to download folder directly using file manager you should see it there...
not sure how yahoo do it but thats how it works with most email client or apps...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont have a yahoo account to test this out... but i think that the pictures are encrypted and readable only by yahoo mail app... kind off how music app works with DRM music files where you can not see the mp3 in the device...

Can someone with yahoo account verify?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have Yahoo and may be able to test this some. To Severedheart, are you using a built in generic email app, the Yahoo Mail app*, or Yahoo Mail via your web browser?

I'm guessing you have the Yahoo app, and the reviews for it have been horrible. That's why I don't use it and use the generic one that came with my Bionic. If an email has an odd attachment that it doesn't like (i.e. Zip, pdf, etc), I go to the actual mobile site to download. In that case, I've found it sometimes renamed the file to whatever their servers encrypted it too, including the extension, and I have to manually rename with right extension for the right apps to see the file. I've never had any problems with downloads being saved but not accessible with at least a file/folder explorer.

Severedheart

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Instead of using Yahoo mail app, what's the best email app for a droid? Is there one that can have different email servers in one app?

Sent from my VS840 4G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781