LG Lucid messaging/contacts very laggy

cheesemarq

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I recently got an LG Lucid running Android 2.3.6 with Verizon. Ever since I got it the stock SMS, contacts, and the dialer apps are all very laggy and unresponsive. If I'm lucky enough to get one of those three to open I have to wait 1-2 minutes for it to load a list of maybe 200 contacts and with the SMS I constantly delete my messages so no threads exceed 75. I've hard reset. I even exchanged my Lucid for a new one in the hopes that it was a one time problem. I can't clear the data cache because there isn't one to clear. It's always at 0.00 MB. The dialer isn't even worth trying to use. The SMS app says "Refreshing..." at the top for a few minutes when I open it and I have very, very few message in there at all. I can't save any new contacts because the contacts app force closes constantly along with the other two apps I mentioned earlier.

*Edit*
It works on occasion now. Sometimes it runs extremely smoothly and then jumps into lag mode.

TL;DR:
Stock SMS, contacts, and dialer apps are laggy, unresponsive and don't work. I'm fairly tech savy and have exhausted all my options and I'm turning here for help.

I know that was a jumbled mouthful to read, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

-Cheesemarq

Last edited:

cheesemarq

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
BUMP. 43 views and no replies. I really need help with this. It's becoming so frustrating that I'm considering putting this back in the box and switching back to BB. At least it could text and call people and wasn't just a pocket sized social networking machine.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
When you exchanged it, were you experiencing hang ups right out of the box, or, after you installed a bunch of apps? If it is running like that right out of the box, I would just return it and get a different model and stay away from the Lucid all together.

cheesemarq

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
The hang ups were right out of the box. The first phone was admittedly much worse than this one. I've done a factory reset on the first phone. The phone I got as an exchange took a while a while to start bugging on me. However, I think there may be a correlation between the heat and if it lags. I just noticed it today. Maybe it's a fall weather phone? Haha.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol.

If it was right out of the box, I'd say return it and get a different model completely. If it's giving you that many problems right out of the box, who knows what problems await you a year from now, ya know?

cheesemarq

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's my plan as of now. I almost didn't because I went a whole day without any problems. But now thw question is: what phone? (Available from Verizon as an upgrade.)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, but, it'll probably come back. Either way, it's already malfunctioned to some degree, I wouldn't trust it.

S III probably. I haven't done much research on phones though, since I'm not due for one for a while.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc