App Rating

stephen866

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
How do I rate an app in Google play and it just show my first name, instead of my username. There's got to be a way, all the reviews I see just show a first name.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
if they show Google account username its a privacy concern and spammer might take the email id to spam people so to avoid that google just display the first name.

to rate open app in play store and click rate and review... and start rating.

from web you can do the same by going to user review.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont know where you are seeing that but everyone else will only see your first name when you rate it... that's how it works for everyone... I hope that what you wanted? isnt it?

its just telling you that the rating is made on this username but i dont think it will be displayed to others.

stephen866

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
A better answer would have been "yes I also see my username when I see a review to an app I rated" . Please read my responses more carefully and try not to come across so condescending

Thanks for responding :)

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot with your user name blurred?
Username will never be displayed for any. It only Display the First name.

looking at other peoples ratings i havent come across anyone with their username displayed.

Is username also set as first name?

stephen866

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
My gf logged into her play account online and saw my username with an app I recently rated. 99% of the other reveiwers we are seeing just the first name. A couple had first and last. Must be a setting somewhere, I will post if resolution found.

Last edited:

stephen866

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I found a resolution. I went into my Google dashboard and under account /edit personal information there is an option for a nickname, which was filled out with my username. I cleared it out and then went back to the app I had rated and now it shows just my 1st name and nothing else. :)