Google Sync Turned Off?

Ken Lebersfeld

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I had no idea why my calendar stopped syncing. It seems a weird place for that to be. I was out of the country and turned off mobile data. When I got back and turned on mobile data it must not have checked the sync box. I never would have found it if not for your post.

Viki Cirlin

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
The email sync for yahoo on my android is off. I can't get in touch with Yahoo! Their site is horrible. They ask for problems but list what they think it is and it's not on the list!!! Anyway. I need to get email on my phone and I can't. Had to change my email password a week ago, and that's when it started. HELP>

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The email sync for yahoo on my android is off. I can't get in touch with Yahoo! Their site is horrible. They ask for problems but list what they think it is and it's not on the list!!! Anyway. I need to get email on my phone and I can't. Had to change my email password a week ago, and that's when it started. HELP>

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Yahoo Mail app or the stock Email app? If you're using the Yahoo Mail app, make sure it's set to sync. Go to its settings, or go to Settings>Accounts-Yahoo, and make sure it's set to sync there.

If you're using the stock Email app, consider removing your Yahoo account, and then adding it back, this time with the current password.

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Help please... I can't enable Sync either on my Google account... I press Sync all and then the Google+ and Google+ photos sync but the rest of the Google stuff won't sync! It still says Sync App Data, etc. are off... (except the Google+ stuff which say "Last synced") Please assist me! No matter how many times I try, it won't enable sync!

d_b_smith

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi, your very specific instructions would *seem* to be exactly what I needed. However, on my Data Usage menu, there is no "Auto Sync" entry. I have only Restrict background data, Hide Wi-Fi usage, Mobile hotspots, Mobile networks, Show units, and Help.

Then under Settings > Accounts > Google > [e-mail address], it says "Sync error", and at the bottom of the screen listing my e-mail accounts, along with Search, Location settings, and Google Fit, it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." However, it's said that for at least weeks if not months. And when i select the specific e-mail address that i want to sync, it lists 15 different services that are synced, but Calendar is not among them. And that is the one problem that got me searching for help in the first place.

When i go under Settings > Accounts and look at my other accounts besides Google (e.g. Facebook, PayPal) - some of them have been synced recently, while many of the others say either "sync is turned off" or "Sync error" with the "Sync is currently experiencing problems" message at the bottom. Grrr.

I would sure appreciate any further help on this matter! Oh, and i suspect this actually matters: I'm using a Galaxy S5 on Verizon with Android Version 5.0. The Galaxy S5 in particular seems to have been experiencing severe problems ever since the lollipop update.

...dave

exkursionist

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue... the instructions on this thread must be for an older OS. I do not have auto-sync available and am unable to find a solution. It just quit working one day, and I have no idea why. :mad:

exkursionist

socal_android_dude

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I spent forever on the Motorola, and even had to go to Level 2 support, to find the simple solution to this problem. The below solution works for Android **Lollipop**, and in particular it worked on the Moto X (I imagine it will work on the Nexus 5, and maybe others as well).

I say it is simple, but the menu location is about as non-intuitive as it could be, so I am sharing it here. To re-enable autosync with all of your Google Apps (calendar, contacts, gmail, etc.), do this:
Click on Settings / Data Usage / GMail / App Settings / your_account_email , and then check the box that says 'Sync Gmail'

At this point, it will not only turn on auto-sync for GMail, but for all of your Google Apps.
Now that you have successfully re-enabled autosync for all Google Apps, you can refine them by doing this if you'd like:
Click on Settings / Accounts / Google / tap on your account / toggle any individual sliders for any individual apps (i.e. contacts, Google Play Books, etc) that you don't want to auto sync.

blueview1901

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't find how to turn GOOGLE SYNC on in my Galaxy S5. Every time I go in it says sync turned off but doesn't tell where to turn SYNC on. Someone said go to Data>Usage>Auto>Sync the only problem there is that under Data>Usage there is NOTHING about sync only how much data has been used for each application. Can someone tell me PLEASE exactly how to turn on Sync? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463