Google Sync Turned Off?

liquid150

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
For some reason my syncing on my Google account just turned off, and I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Stock Android 4.1.1 Gnex. Looked for answers everywhere but can't find it...

liquid150

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry mods...finally found it. Took me forever to find it through a web search. Instead of being under the account it's under Data Usage>Menu>Auto-Sync Data

I have no idea how that got turned off.

chuckf201

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung SPH-M580 running Android 2.3.6 only sync's sometimes.
Manually initiating sync does nothing.

Both Yahoo and Google accounts do not sync.
Application sync--> google set to autosync

Sometimes it works others not.

Help!

Ahmed Kadri

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
thanks i just had the same issue where everything stopped syncing and for some reason the option to auto sync was not under settings --> accounts but it was under Data usage--> menu auto sync data

Niklas Stenlund

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry mods...finally found it. Took me forever to find it through a web search. Instead of being under the account it's under Data Usage>Menu>Auto-Sync Data

I have no idea how that got turned off.

THANK YOU liquid150 !!!

That took me forever to find. C'mon Google how bout a shortcut to enable it?

Nik

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Remember that you can also select which Google services you want to sync by going into the Google account linked to your device and checking/unchecking the boxes you don't want sync'd.

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Remember that you can also select which Google services you want to sync by going into the Google account linked to your device and checking/unchecking the boxes you don't want sync'd.
Selecting services to auto-sync via Accounts is only an option if you have Data Usage > Menu > Auto-sync Data checked.

For some reason or another this can become unchecked and auto-syncing isn't possible until checking it again.

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Where do I find the data useage to start the process to enable sync. My problem is with my calendar.

From your homescreen > Menu Button > Settings (System Settings) > Data Usage (Under Wireless & Networks) > Menu Button > Auto-sync data. Make sure it's ticked.

Then from your homescreen > Menu Button > Settings (System Settings) > Google (Under Accounts) > Tap your account at the top. You should see the list of things that are autosyncing. Make sure Calendar is ticked.