1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Euroskank CM10/Franco

Default Google Sync Turned Off?

For some reason my syncing on my Google account just turned off, and I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Stock Android 4.1.1 Gnex. Looked for answers everywhere but can't find it...
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    Euroskank CM10/Franco

Default Re: Google Sync Turned Off?

Sorry mods...finally found it. Took me forever to find it through a web search. Instead of being under the account it's under Data Usage>Menu>Auto-Sync Data

I have no idea how that got turned off.
    Thanked by 3:

Settings-->Google-->[Your account]-->[List of app that syncs]

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

My Samsung SPH-M580 running Android 2.3.6 only sync's sometimes.
    Manually initiating sync does nothing.

Both Yahoo and Google accounts do not sync.
    Application sync--> google set to autosync

Sometimes it works others not.

Help!

Thanks for this solution. Just got a S3 and put CM10 on it and couldn't figure it out.

thanks i just had the same issue where everything stopped syncing and for some reason the option to auto sync was not under settings --> accounts but it was under Data usage--> menu auto sync data

Great!

Thsnks

I cannot find Data usage, in my android 4 tablet. Can you help me please?

Thank you. I have been looking for this for the past 10 minutes, then 2 with google.

Great - thanks - weird place for it huh?!

Quote Originally Posted by liquid150 View Post
    Sorry mods...finally found it. Took me forever to find it through a web search. Instead of being under the account it's under Data Usage>Menu>Auto-Sync Data

I have no idea how that got turned off.
    THANK YOU liquid150 !!!

That took me forever to find. C'mon Google how bout a shortcut to enable it?

Nik

Thanks liquid150!!!!!

Thnx!

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Remember that you can also select which Google services you want to sync by going into the Google account linked to your device and checking/unchecking the boxes you don't want sync'd.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Remember that you can also select which Google services you want to sync by going into the Google account linked to your device and checking/unchecking the boxes you don't want sync'd.
    Selecting services to auto-sync via Accounts is only an option if you have Data Usage > Menu > Auto-sync Data checked.

For some reason or another this can become unchecked and auto-syncing isn't possible until checking it again.

Cool Re: Google Sync Turned Off?

Thank you! The person who told me where to turn my sync back on!! It was under data usage!! It was driving me nuts.

Where do I find the data useage to start the process to enable sync. My problem is with my calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Chalmers View Post
    Where do I find the data useage to start the process to enable sync. My problem is with my calendar.
    From your homescreen > Menu Button > Settings (System Settings) > Data Usage (Under Wireless & Networks) > Menu Button > Auto-sync data. Make sure it's ticked.

Then from your homescreen > Menu Button > Settings (System Settings) > Google (Under Accounts) > Tap your account at the top. You should see the list of things that are autosyncing. Make sure Calendar is ticked.

Thanks!!

It solved my problem . I was about to change my headset for this issue...

Loads of ...

Thanks. I had no idea why my calendar stopped syncing. It seems a weird place for that to be. I was out of the country and turned off mobile data. When I got back and turned on mobile data it must not have checked the sync box. I never would have found it if not for your post.