1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default video chat fpr mulitple devices

I hope I'm posting this in the right place! We are new to computers and smart phones. We are looking for a video chat app that will work on our verizon (samsung) droid charges, our 2 desk tops (HP), a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Wifi and our 2 laptops (Toshiba) all running windows 7. We are planning a visit to relatives back east and would like my elderly parents to be able to talk and see the relatives they haven't seen in 10+ years. I tried to use Skype but for some reason the droid charges would not support the video part. When I downloaded the app it didn't even offer the video portion. Tried Tango but it was always running in the background using up power. At home we are using the Verizon Home Fusion for our internet connection. Does google+ work on a computer and phones allowing video chat? I would like something fairly simple to access on the computer end....Dad and Mom are 81 so ease of use is critical. Thanks in advance

Default Re: video chat fpr mulitple devices

Yes, google plus works from browser and its easy... you can also try the gmail video chat which uses the same google+ hangout feature.