Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Silent mode wont mute notifications..

Hello all..
    Have tried a few different things to fix this.. I am running ics on my galaxy s 2.
    When i put the phone in silent mode it doesnt mute the notifications.. Im new to android so is this normal or am i doing something wrong?
    Here is a screenshot if you don't understand what I'm saying..
    Thanks in advanced for the help!
    Silent mode wont mute notifications..-uploadfromtaptalk1345083980463.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Nothing eh? xD

Default Re: Silent mode wont mute notifications..

in your screenshot do you see the notification volume??? thats the volume to control sound of notification.
    Its normal and that's how it works with Android. in fact it gives you more control on your phone.

you can do any combination.. if you are looking for one click solution then there should be tons of options out there.

Default Re: Silent mode wont mute notifications..

I'm on a Bionic with a leaked version of ics and i don'thave this issue. I did notice a difference though compared to your screen shot that mine not only has the muted speaker icon, but also a vibrate icon (a rectangle "phone" with squiggly lines on either side). When trying to silence my phone, phone, that icon pops up and it mutes both ringer and notifications. Just not alarm or media. If you just use the volume buttons to turn it down, that could be an issue. Have you tried doing a long press on the power button to bring up the shut down menu and putting on silence mode from there?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

@still1 try re reading the post..
    @mooncat thanks, ive tried, i actually need to reload ics, ive tried on many other devices (same model same os) and silent mode will also put a slash thru the notifications.