1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help moving Music from Internal memory to SD card.

Hi! I was a self confessed iphone lover.. But a few days ago curiosity got me and I decided to get a Galaxy S3.

I can't say how much a love this phone and am a bit ashamed that I didn't realize how great android devices were. So far I have been able to find out on my own how to do pretty much everything I needed done except for one thing.

I work in music hence have a lot of music on my phone. I didn't want to restart the cataloging process of recreating playlist after playlist. So i found a solution to transfer my itunes to my phone.

I did this with Air Sync and DoubleTwist. The main problem I have is it put all of my music on my internal memory card and now it is full. I have a 32gb external SD card that is empty right now and was wondering if there is a solution to quickly transfer all of my music from the internal memory to the SD card. Furthermore I would like for the air sync / doubleTwist software to put all future music on the SD card as well.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks in advance!
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Help moving Music from Internal memory to SD card.

Regarding moving the music, I'm not sure about your apps, but, you should just be able to move music around using a File Transfer app, or, by plugging your phone into your computer and moving it manually. Try and move one song, just to make sure whatever apps you are using allow this.

As for defaulting to the SD card, not sure, don't know those apps you mentioned. Try going into the settings for each app and looking around for a default path and change it to the SD card.

Hey,

I had the same problem.

On your phone, go to Double Twist. Swipe left to Settings. Click on Storage, and change to memory card.

You want to go to settings
    Go to storage
    Under phone store select make more space
    press next select whatever media you would like to go overto sd card example
    select music
    select all
    move to sd card
    hope this can help someone out there!!!!

Wink Re: Help moving Music from Internal memory to SD card.

I lost the original post... But I wanted to say that whoever suggested using Double Twist for music and going to settings , choosing storage mode and choosing SD card is a genius. It's the simplest solution and it works. Thank you! Now my internal memory is virtually empty.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, This worked beautifully and was the simplest thing to accomplish. Thank you!

Default Re: Help moving Music from Internal memory to SD card using Double Twist.

Hi. I downloaded Double Twist and switched the music to save on SD card instead of internal memory but the music didn't move. Now how do I move it over?
    Thanks

I am trying to do the same thing but when I changed it from internal memory to sd card a warning came up saying it will erase any existing playlists, etc...but then it said I would also need to "pair with pc again." Don't understand that and what it means and why. Sorry...technically challenged here!

please help, I am extremely frustrated with this phone, if I wasn't poor it would have already been smashed against a wall. I have a droid LGL55C. it is running droid version 2.3.4 os. It is refusing to text saying I need to make more memory available. I have 13 gigs free on my sd card and it has (or I cant find) anyway to transfer stuff from the phone to the sd card. I tried what was recommended in here for the other phone model but its not an option on my phone either