1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone's sync feature when enabled keeps deleting new contacts

Having an issue where anytime I try to add a new contact manually for a new phone number or create it using the "create new contact" feature via an old text message by that phone number's owner, my phone automatically deletes it within seconds. This happens only when the sync settings under settings-->accounts & sync-->background information are enabled. The new contact gets deleted regardless whether I add the new contact BEFORE enabling sync or whether I add it WHILE sync is enabled.

EDIT: Phone's flashed on Gingerbread.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Phone's sync feature when enabled keeps deleting new contacts

Have you tried adding the contact VIA your Gmail? I have added contacts this way in bulk before and they synced to my phone immediately.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Have you tried adding the contact VIA your Gmail? I have added contacts this way in bulk before and they synced to my phone immediately.

Ended up doing that, but it didn't work immediately. I must've added the two contacts twice each before they finally properly synchronized.

What gives? Has Google not programmed Gmail so it automatically adds any contacts created by phone?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

No, it should work both ways seamlessly and quickly. I have never had the issue you are experiencing. I just knew it would work both ways so suggested the other way as an alternative. Not sure why you are seeing a delay and experiencing that weird issue.

Quote Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
    Ended up doing that, but it didn't work immediately. I must've added the two contacts twice each before they finally properly synchronized.

What gives? Has Google not programmed Gmail so it automatically adds any contacts created by phone?
    Google contacts created in phone sync to gmail and gmail contact added syncs to phone. I have done that multiple times and it has worked for me. I think you are having unique issue with contact created on phone.

Also syncing contact in phone will be immediate when you sync the contacts in the settings.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Google contacts created in phone sync to gmail and gmail contact added syncs to phone. I have done that multiple times and it has worked for me. I think you are having unique issue with contact created on phone.

Also syncing contact in phone will be immediate when you sync the contacts in the settings.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that's the case. I AM running an aftermarket ROM.