Rooted my phone, having trouble!

Luska72

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So I followed the tutorial found here:
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G: How to root on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread and install ClockworkMod Recovery

I did option #1 and set up my device, and the program said the phone was set up. Now every time I turn my phone on a boot screen comes up with a yellow triangle with a yellow ! in the middle.

I can't go the the special boot (where you hold up, down, and power) and I can't do anything at all.

How can I reset my phone? Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Doh!!

Not really sure since you can't access the recovery boot menu. Have you tried searching in the S II forums for anyone else that has experienced a similar situation?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it was checked before proceeding, but your phone model matches with the one described in the how-to, correct?

The yellow triangle is basically letting you know that there is a custom kernel on the device. It basically alerts the manufacturer and carrier know what was done if you decide to submit the phone for repairs.

Can you boot into Download Mode? Power off the phone and hold volume down + Power On. This should bring you into download mode. From there, search this forum for your device and look through the threads for a return to stock/unroot thread and follow those instructions.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, definitely come back if you end up with a resolution. Good luck!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Luska72

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Solved, and the answer was weird.
To get to the "install OS" screen i had to do this in exact order:
Phone on, plug into comp
Turn off phone
Take out battery
Put battery back in
Boot

For some reason the menu would only pop up if i did it in that EXACT order, my act tutor (who is really good with computers) recommended trying to boot it in diff ways like that.

Anyways i have the OS, but i can't get my wifi to work on it... so the quest go's on!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's pretty bizarre, but, glad it's working. Thanks for coming back and posting an update.

Lol, now your WiFi is messed up. If it's not one thing, it's another. Was your WiFi working before? Or, do you have any other Android devices? If so, are they able to access your WiFi?

Luska72

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I am making a video to show exactly what is going on, but i can't connect because when i turn my wifi on, my wireless card get turned off!

I'll post link to video so you can see, I'm baffled at this point; and i can't find anything about it on google.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, maybe a video will help make things more clear. I'll try and take a look at it later tonight. Wont be able to check AC until much later.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that Flight Mode was enabled. That means that all radios in the phone - cellphone, data, wifi and GPS - are disabled. Turn off Flight Mode. Then turn wifi off, then turn it on.

saioun

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I have sansung android china smartmobile but I can't root my phone to get another sofeware in.my phone model number is e1108-v73-hjy2a6.May I know which sofeware can I use to root my phone? Or do you show me the way of rooting? Thank you very much.