Nexus 7 Running very slow

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Within the last week my tablet stating running very slow

Pages take a long time to load
Apps take forever to load
Apps crash every other time I open them

I thought it was my router (netgear n600) but my iPad and cc el phone dont experience any of these problems

Any idea what may be causing these problems?

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Within the last week my tablet stating running very slow

Pages take a long time to load
Apps take forever to load
Apps crash every other time I open them

I thought it was my router (netgear n600) but my iPad and cc el phone dont experience any of these problems

Any idea what may be causing these problems?

I'd check your task manager, you may have a ton of apps open that are slowing it down. Have you rebooted?

Sent from my Nexus 7

meekb2g

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same thing. This is the second time I've had this issue. Restoring to factory works but I ultimately ended up in the same position. [With less applications installed] I've disabled all accounts from syncing & even signed out of everything and signed back in. Also, rebooted unit numerous times, stopped all applications from running in the background, cleared all applications cache even 'Force Quit' some, quite all unnecessary 'Running Applications', cleared all the wireless networks & it's still slow. I first notice it in Gtalk (sending a message takes an extremely long time. 2-4 minutes per message) then it seems to spread like a virus to other applications. Scanned with Lookout & it found nothing.My Galaxy Nexus which has twice as many apps has no issues what-so-ever. I'm trying to avoid a factory restore, but ultimately I think it's gonna come down to that. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Google Nexus 7 Customer Support and they told me that they are aware of these issues that we're having. It appears to be a software glitch that came with v4.1 and some of the devices.

They are working on a software solution in v4.1.2 which should resolve the problems. They do not have a release date yet, but the guesstimated release time is within the next 30-45 days. Google said that they did note on my account that I am having these problems and if the software update does not resolve the problem I should contact them and they will send me a replacement device.

I suggest that you call Google at 1-855-83-NEXUS (63987) or go here ---> Contacting Support - Nexus Help

and have them call you. This way, they will have a record of your problem and you too could get a new device if the new patch does not resolve the problem

I hope this helps

Peace

Reactions: meekb2g

meekb2g

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Google Nexus 7 Customer Support and they told me that they are aware of these issues that we're having. It appears to be a software glitch that came with v4.1 and some of the devices.

They are working on a software solution in v4.1.2 which should resolve the problems. They do not have a release date yet, but the guesstimated release time is within the next 30-45 days. Google said that they did note on my account that I am having these problems and if the software update does not resolve the problem I should contact them and they will send me a replacement device.

I suggest that you call Google at 1-855-83-NEXUS (63987) or go here ---> Contacting Support - Nexus Help

and have them call you. This way, they will have a record of your problem and you too could get a new device if the new patch does not resolve the problem

I hope this helps

Peace

Thanks brotha!

Really appreciate the info. I'm calling them right now just to have this on record. Thanks Again.

dudinatrix

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

I hope this helps

Peace
I just got off the phone with Google support, and they said they have no known issues about slow Nexus 7 devices. I specifically asked them about your claim about an update coming in the next month or so and the support rep couldn't find anything in the system about it. I'm sure it depends on who you talk to but I did not have any luck. She simply suggested I do a factory reset, or get a replacement device under my warranty.

Has anybody else had any luck calling support? Your post is the only one I've found on any website that mentions Google acknowledging the problem and claiming a fix is on the way.

cks

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, it takes a lot longer to load anything. It kills the experience, I was so happy with it before.

andonisp

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the same exact issue as you and was really disappointed as it didn't seem to go away with a reboot. So I started to remove apps that I had loaded recently and set apps that had notifications to not do them except for the ones I wanted. After doing that....back to normal now... zippy as ever!!!

elliejelli

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey I was having this problem until I downloaded antivirus software and found out half my apps contained viruses making it run slow. After I deleted the infected apps my nexus rums smoothly. I recommend agf software or android armour and its probably best to run a scan everytime you download an app to check it doesn't contain a virus!
Hope this helps and that your nexus works properly

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey I was having this problem until I downloaded antivirus software and found out half my apps contained viruses making it run slow. After I deleted the infected apps my nexus rums smoothly. I recommend agf software or android armour and its probably best to run a scan everytime you download an app to check it doesn't contain a virus!
Hope this helps and that your nexus works properly

Android Armour isn't available on Google Play in the US, and a quick Google search suggests it might be a bit suspect. In the US, well known and trusted security apps include Lookout, AVG, Avast, Norton, and McAfee, among others. Bottom line is not to trust any app that you can't install from Google Play or Amazon.

Crystal Hainline

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Nexus 7 about a month. Recently it has started running very slowly. I have checked my
internet connection and it is strong. Pages take a long time to load and my I heart radio app just quits
playing even when it says it's still streaming. I installed antivirus software and it says that nothing is detected. Is there an update to fix this or something?

requiemsallure

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem with mine, recently too, i did many things in order to try to fix this, however the only thing that really worked was when i reviewed a list of default program that i had disabled because i would have rather used another type. the solution was enabling the default downloads program. I had originally disabled it in order to use a different download program. I didn't notice it right away but after that things started to run very very slowly.

if you have similarly disabled some of your default programs, try to enable them one at a time and see what fixes the problem.